No announcement yet.

hows everyones chilli plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good shroomy. Lots of mine are about the same size.

My habaneros are quite big, and have thrown out many flower buds!

Pics to follow...

Comment

That's one lot of my plants. TBH I couldn't tell you what's there, because I just sowed every chilli seed I had, and didn't label any - I'll know what they are when they fruit, right?

Pretty sure these are either jalapenos or Aji Lemon. I've definitely got some Rocotos, but they're easy to tell with their hairy leaves. B I also have Arbol, Mushroom, a few Habs and a couple of others.
      Attached Files

Comment

I do have a few left seems I'm losing the ones that are under the lights I have two trays kept in my little girls window and there fine I should get chillies this year just not as many as I would have liked next year I'm giving long term lights a miss!
        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Mine are growing very slowly. Currently in 3" pots and looking fine but small. Unlike my toms which are growing at a alarming rate! Hopefully the chilies will get a move on or I'll never get a crop.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Mine have been stuck at an inch and half high for about a month I've never grown chilli's before so this is a first attempt for me - I somehow don't think I'm going to do very well this year.

Comment

The ones on my kitchen windowsill caught the spontaneously generated greenfly , I sprayed with soft soap, but must have mis-measured because the leaves went crinkly. I think they will be OK, but as I wanted to sell some, it is a bit of a disaster. The ones still under the lights in the bedroom cupboard look very good, but the daylight bulbs (used last year too), are beginning to blow so I will have to move them as I don't want to buy more for this season. Some of those have flowered and set fruit, so I will be able to save seed from those without taking other precautions.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                That's one lot of my plants. TBH I couldn't tell you what's there, because I just sowed every chilli seed I had, and didn't label any - I'll know what they are when they fruit, right?

Pretty sure these are either jalapenos or Aji Lemon. I've definitely got some Rocotos, but they're easy to tell with their hairy leaves. B I also have Arbol, Mushroom, a few Habs and a couple of others.
                Ok, now I REALLY have chilli envy! Those are gorgeous.
                March is the new winter.

Comment

Of my overwintered stock, unfortunately my collection took a bit of a hammering this time round. I potted up a range of 1 and 2 year old plants at the usual time for me - early March. Some have since deteriorated and turned brown and dead. My 3 year old Bird's Eye, and NuMex Twilight, were among the casualties. The unexpected cold March did not help at all. But, of the survivors, most went into the greenhouse at the weekend to take advantage of the hot spell due this week.

The 2 year old plants include Tokyo hot, which has six or seven 3" shoots through, Orange Thai which is still at the bud stage, and Trinidad Scorpian which is a 3' mass of new growth already with first flowers starting to develop. My sole remaining 3 year old plant, a Thai Dragon, is starting to re-shoot also, which is good as I had to prune it harder than I wanted to over the winter.
                  Of the 1 year olds, i.e. sown last year, I have two Hot Lemon, one Joe's Long, one Red Scotch Bonnet, one NuMex Big Jim, two Espelette, one Hot Fish, one Rokita. All are re-shooting nicely.

Of this years sowings, most are still fairly small, seedlings really, with one or two pairs of leaves. Most are still indoors, and development has been very slow since leaving the propagator, but I expect the pace will increase dramatically over the next few days with the warmer weather. The biggest specimens at the moment are Sante Fe Grande, and Navaho. Both these varieties are at the milder end of the heat spectrum.
                  I transferred a tray of tomato plants and a few chilli seedlings to the greenhouse. Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake yesterday of forgetting to open the windows in the morning. So although the older plants loved the heat that built up during the day, the young plants baked. Bit irritating. I'm too late to re-sow the chillies for this year, but I'll re-sow them anyway, for next year. I'll have to buy in replacement tomato plants.

Comment

Some of mine on my spare bedroom windowsill at the moment....plenty of twilight,habanero,ghost,scorpion, etc.....All about 2 months old,was a bit late this year getting the seeds sown....And the ghost seeds were been a pain to germinate as usual.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Yorkshire.Dave; 24-04-2013, 10:02 AM.
                    -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
                    Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

I haven't planted any yet...
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

sarzwix, your plants look great!

Comment

Thanks CG Grow-light Garden, then moved out into 6x4 heated greenhouse. They seem quite happy all crammed in Oh, and I hate to say it, but the compost they're in has biochar mixed in. Who knows if that's making any difference though, because I didn't do any without to compare.

Comment

here's some of mine
                            aiming for 300 plants this year, moving most to a large polytunnel end of May but keeping at least 1 of each variety back home in the greenhouse to grow in isolation so i can get pure seed and also do a bit of experimenting with crossing.

there are also some under bulb lights upstairs in a spare bedroom but most like Sarwiz are under growlight gardens...have 3 going 16 hours a day, i go from pricked out stage to multiple in 9cm pots and when they grow transplant to individual 9cm pots still under light then out to 1 litre pot in heated greenhouse and eventually into builders buckets in the polytunnel
                            Attached Files

Comment

Mine are taking their time too. Aside from Aunty VVG's kindly donated babies, that stand at 3-4 inches tall, the classroom ones vary from 1-4 inches tall. Are in the warmest window sill, and in full sunshine. But not making great strides at all.
                              Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

wow, that is a lot of chillies The large one has!

looking good too.

Heres mine.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X