No announcement yet.

The "Wrong" colour vegetables

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm salivating thinking about it AP. Quick steam, black pepper and melted butter........heavenly stick.
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

just found this pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
        I'm salivating thinking about it AP. Quick steam, black pepper and melted butter........heavenly stick.
        Yuk, don't cover a beautiful veggie in grease, just very lightly steamed and then eaten without any extra rubbish on it!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Nope, I'm with Mikey, butter just sets it off

Comment

I love a bit of best butter on my veggies

Comment

I grew white beetroot this year (cultivar Albino from the real seed comany. Roasted it was quite deliciously sweet.

Comment

You'll never convince me that something as naturally healthy as veggies needs to have fat poured on it, the only exception being roasted veg, even have my mash dry as find butter (or even worse, cream) makes it slimy, just a basic crushing and it's lovely and as an added bonus I prefer it lower fatted

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

I used to grow all different coloured varieties when I started -but then kind of got into growing better tasting / heritage veg. I do still grow white beetroot, and a couple of different carrots for the kiddies but the rest is just plain old boring stuff for me I'm afraid...

Comment

Well Alison, you'd be no use in my house. An evening starter might well be a bowl of thinly sliced runner beans with a knob of butter, and a thick cut slice of bread. The black pepper is optional (Can you spot the theme here!!)

Proper butter mind, not this I can't believe its not some poor substitute rubbish. Only the best for my veggies.
                    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

New potatoes just cry out to be eaten with a knob of best butter - on their own, nowt else. Young carrots, with best butter, peas...........

Comment

one of the highlights of the year is the first boiling of new spuds with butter.

Comment

But why cover them in grease? Genuinely makes no sense to me.

Comment

It adds a nutty sweetness that is just divine

I forgot my yellow beetroot! I had Golden this year. Noticebly slower to get going than the red Detroit 2 and Bikores I also had, but got there in the end, and great taste.
                            Proud member of the Nutters Club.
                            Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiya View Post
                              It adds a nutty sweetness that is just divine

I forgot my yellow beetroot! I had Golden this year. Noticebly slower to get going than the red Detroit 2 and Bikores I also had, but got there in the end, and great taste.
                              I'm with Alison on this; it adds calories and cholesterol...not to mention ruining the taste of most veg.

Comment

Calories are good especially in this horrible weather and we do need a certain amount of cholestrol as well . This is an annual luxury and a little of what one fancies does one good. So bah humbug to those who would do away with our little luxuries.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X