No announcement yet.

Which root trainer to buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is only stage !, Zaz! Now we(I) move onto filling them with compost and, the most difficult bit, deciding which of my seed collection will have the honour of first up.
    If the seller were to be believed I would plant a carrot seed in each and keep it on the work bench. Result, 32 perfectly formed carrots and no carrot fly damage?
    What's the verdict on that?

Comment

What was he on, VC?
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        This is only stage !, Zaz! Now we(I) move onto filling them with compost and, the most difficult bit, deciding which of my seed collection will have the honour of first up.
        If the seller were to be believed I would plant a carrot seed in each and keep it on the work bench. Result, 32 perfectly formed carrots and no carrot fly damage?
        What's the verdict on that?
        It would probably work. I've grown potatoes in them before.

Comment

Which one to buy? Buy em all they're great!
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            What was he on, VC?
            No idea Jeanie but its what he told a man who asked if he could grow carrots and parsnips in them. And they both agreed that putting them on a bench would fool the fly.
            But I know better because I'm a member of this Forum

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I spent some money, but nowhere near as much as Chris!

The highlight for me was learning that there are 28 different species of Dandelion in Cardiff - and they were all on display! In my innocence I thought there were dandelions - end of story! It seems there are over 200 different species. Dandelions have gone up in my estimation!
              All in all, a good day!!
              Poor chris!! Literally ha haaa!!!
              so, you are now a dandelion expert, so if I have any questions regarding them, which I do...I shall ask you

glad you had fun and got some easy peasy root trainers

[my question is....how many species is it normal to find in one garden?]

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                It would probably work. I've grown potatoes in them before.
                I remember that Zaz, from those shoots. Mine are in a pot in the greenhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by taff View Post
                  so, you are now a dandelion expert, so if I have any questions regarding them, which I do...I shall ask you
                  [my question is....how many species is it normal to find in one garden?]
                  Have a look at this taff The Dandelions of Cardiff | National Museum Wales
                  If they've found 14 species in the Museum lawns.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X