No announcement yet.

Which root trainer to buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... hang on a min, VC - you're actually going to plant some seeds?! You're not just going to look at the packets!

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
      VC - I should have left when you did, I just *rinsed* my bank account !
      I'm trying to guess what you bought? Is there a clue in the rinsing?
      Otherwise -a white hydrangea and a heron?

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        .... hang on a min, VC - you're actually going to plant some seeds?! You're not just going to look at the packets!
        Sssshhh!!!! My favourite is the "Fringe-headed Drunken Woman lettuce". How can I possibly sow those?

Comment

Got the hydrangea, almost bought that stunning climbing lilly, but didn't want to faff with brining it in over the winter, didn't go for the heron, but went for more seeds (argh!), couple of small plants, clematis, some stupidly expensive gloves, but figured I'd always bought cheap ones and they were rubbish.

Erm, some other things - in bags, can't remember - can see what they are from inside either I had £150 in my wallet, and I ended up using my card too. I daren't look at the receipts.

I almost bought a camellia too, but then thought about what you said and decided that I'd pop over with a pair of secateurs!

Comment

Hope you don't try to blame me for all that spending, Chris. Glad I left when I did
            Help yourself to the camellia cuttings whenever you're passing. It could do with a prune!

Comment

Good luck with the Rootrainers VC, if you've not put them together yet .......... put the middle book in the frame last..............or you could put the last book in the middle.....last......
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks BM. Just assembled one of the smaller ones. At least, I thought I had and that they had generously given me 2 spare books. Then realised that I had to cram another row in! Think I may have wrecked one of them already
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 21-04-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Thanks BM. Just assembled one of the smaller ones. At least, I thought I had and that they had generously given me 2 spare books. Then realised that I had to cram another row in! Think I may have wrecked one of them already
                  They tend to be a tight fit hence the last book going in the middle and not one of the ends.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    They tend to be a tight fit hence the last book going in the middle and not one of the ends.
                    Where's the middle row of 8?

Comment

Where's the middle row of 8?
                      Now you're just being picky.............put the 4th & 5th in together............

Comment

Just assembled another one! Easy peasy!

Comment

Good on you VC and welcome to the Rootrainers club. Hope a good day was had by all at Cardiff?
                          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Yeh!.......I knew you could do it.

Comment

I spent some money, but nowhere near as much as Chris!
                              I met Potty's giant pigeon and its girl friend. There was a bit of billing and cooing and then..... yes, really!
                              The highlight for me was learning that there are 28 different species of Dandelion in Cardiff - and they were all on display! In my innocence I thought there were dandelions - end of story! It seems there are over 200 different species. Dandelions have gone up in my estimation!
                              It was fun, I enjoyed it, spoke to a few strangers and learnt their life history and the Council worm man gave me a voucher for some new worms.
                              All in all, a good day!!

Comment

Thank heavens for that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X