No announcement yet.

Which root trainer to buy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the long ones too,about 3 sets so far and they do last well,some of mine are 4 years old now and still usable,still using toilet rolls though held together with those elastic bands from the postie.It dont come cheaper than that!
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I've got one that is rows of 4 with about 8 lots of the rows. They take more compost that little seed pots (obviously) but you get a good root system. I did a lot of peas and then have put sweet pea seeds in them.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Wish it was my birthday!!
        You can have mine! I don't want it this year.. I'm happy still being in my 20s!

Comment

I'd be delighted to have your birthday Chris. Thank you. Better start dying my hair and slapping on the Polyfilla!

Comment

Why do you need to dye your hair to fill the walls in?

I've been filling my walls in, re-plastering parts of them etc for the past couple of weeks (they were in a right state!) without the need to dye my hair. I do have 17 grey hairs too....

Comment

it's nice that you have the time to count your grey hairs isn't it?

Comment

What else am I meant to do in my new job! eheheh

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                  Plastic tray - gravel tray. Same thing
                  Ah, I always thought the deep trays that were deep enough for gravel were gravel trays but the shallower ones like I have were just erm trays. Seems I may have been doing mine a mis service!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So its deep root trainers with frame and tray for tomorrow's shopping list?
                    Just another question, do shallow "books" and deep ones fit into the same frame?

Comment

Well, because of this thread I have just looked at the Haxnicks site and now my brain hurts - I had no idea there were so many types of rootrainer, I'm just glad I didn't see this before I bought mine, I would have been so full of indecision I probably wouldn't have got any at all!! Thankfully, by sheer fluke, I managed to end up with the deep ones with frame and tray, and I luuuurrrvvve them. I am seriously thinking of getting more. VC, which Show are you going to? (Nosey, moi? )
                      Sorry, can't answer your question about frames as I only have the one size, although I'd imagine the shallow ones would also have a shallow frame? I've always been more deep than shallow personally....
                      Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

I expect the shallow ones fit in the deeo frame and not vice versa but they'd be a pain to water because the ends would be sitting well above the level of the bottom of the watering thingy (keeping up so far?) and you'd end up either have to change the water every time or end up with algae water from it staying in there so long....

Comment

Hi Pips - its the RHS Show in Cardiff this weekend. I'm going tomorrow and thought I should have a mission! The choice is overwhelming so I thought I'd seek advice from the experienced!
                          I most definitely do not want to be umming and aahing at the stand or I'll end up with all of them. Indecisive? Moi???

Comment

I thought the trainer bases were meant to be out of the water so that the roots withered? Why can't I understand these stoopid things without seeing them?

Comment

I've got two depths of root trainer and they both have the same depth of frame.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks Alison. So I could buy one frame but 2 different depths of root trainer and it wouldn't matter which I used

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X