Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunar Planting - what have you grown today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - will rummage in my seed collection and see what I can find!

Comment

Where are you sowing them zaz? Cold GH, heated prop, etc?

I've a load of paris white onions left... could be tempting!

Comment

In the kitchen, unheated. Once they are an inch tall, they will be shoved in the greenhouse like always.
        Last edited by zazen999; 28-12-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I'm really glad I'm not one of your seedlings

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
            I'm really glad I'm not one of your seedlings
            Treat 'em mean Chris; they love it.

Comment

I'll give it a shot this year

Comment

So, sowed [all onions]:
                Long Red Florence
                Banana Shallot
                Kyoto Market
                Rouge Pale de Niort

Once these are up, will sow the next batch. Most onions are going in pots this year due to white rot, so the long ones will be planted out with a round one in the middle. We shall see how long I manage to keep that up!

Comment

My onions seeds are 75 miles away, in another seed collection! So I've settled on sowing 6 white beetroot and 6 Root parsley (seeds courtesy of a very kind Grape).

Comment

I might sow my leeks if they arrive. Deffo beetroot or should I wait synodic? Oh bu££er it I will...
                    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Biodynamic is definitely the way for me as I think I'm starting to understand the system. You have about 2 days to sow a root. or a leaf, or flower, or the other thing, then the cycle moves to something else, but it turns full circle in about a week, so, if you miss out one week, you can try again the following week. Also, with 2 days for each, that's one day to think about it and find the seeds and the next to do it. Its making me be more proactive with my seedsowing - quite a novelty.

Comment

That's it VC and I loved Biodynamic for it's simplicity. Synodic is proving restrictive for me at the moment with all this seed sowing talk...I must not listen...la la la lah
                        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

29th/30th December Flower Aquarius
                          Waxing crescent

Synodic:
                          Sow leafy vegetables and annuals that produce above ground, eg. Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts.

Biodynamic:
                          Moon in Aquarius: This is an Air sign. This is a good time to sow Flowering plants, eg. Broccoli, Cauli.
                          Sidereal:
                          Moon in Aquarius: Dry and barren. Good time for garden maintenance.
                          Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 28-12-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

I have to ask ('cos I'm nosey) why have you decided to go all Synodic if Biodynamic worked for you?
                            Tra lah lah la la,

Comment

Because I am trialling both. Last year was biodynamic, this year synodic. I want to test what works and what doesn't; also what works better...simples.

Comment

I thought that would be your answer! Simples is not a word I would have used however, but then, there are lots of words I don't use.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X