Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunar Planting - what have you grown today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I study it all and it's most complex when they began on with nodes and what eliptical orbits do but I can adhere to the maps at least!
    Anyways i would like to ask you that did some red onion plant seeds on the the main day and they have already began arriving up!

Comment

• Today, being a fruit day by the biodynamic calender, we've sown into trays:

Dwarf beans
      Tomatoes
      Cucumber
      Courgette
      Kohl Rabi
      Peas
      Pumpkin
      Strawberries
      Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsCordial View Post
        Marchogaeth - just wondering how far to take the principle of not worrying about the'right' days after things have been sown. I'm asking because as a full moon, today should be a day for doing nothing, but I promised my son we'd do some jobs in the veg patch today and he's very excited about it (he's five!). I was going to plant out some very lively-looking pea plants with him, and I will anyway because I can't bear to disappoint him, but I'm wondering if it's at all important that it's a full moon?
        Sorry for delay. I really wouldn't worry. It doesn't say if you do it out of sync they will die! If they are already up and growing there is even less cause for concern. See it as an experiment.

I am putting my hand up today to say, that sheer blinding practicality has forced me to decide I am just going to have to do what I can when I can this year. I'll look at the calendar again when I have time to breath! Good luck. M
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Today, biodynamically speaking, is a leaf day, so outside I sowed:

Kale - Sutherland and another anonymous variety
          Purslane
          Salsola - 'liscari sativa'
          Spinach (bog standard Mr Fortherg*lls)

In a cell tray I started:

Coriander
          Basil - Neapolitan and Sweet Green
          Last edited by MrsCordial; 18-04-2014, 03:28 PM.
          Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• It's a root day, so I sowed:

Betroot - Sanguina and Touchstone Gold
            Spring onion - White Lisbon
            Parsnip - Tender and True

Comment

• Today is a leaf day (biodynamic), so I sowed:

Salsola
              Mixed lettuce
              Purslane

Comment

• Am I the only person lunar planting this year??

It's a fruit day today (biodynamic) so I planted Kelvedon Wonder peas and dwarf bean Speedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsCordial View Post
                  Am I the only person lunar planting this year??

It's a fruit day today (biodynamic) so I planted Kelvedon Wonder peas and dwarf bean Speedy.
                  I'm 'lunar-curious.' I don't know if I'll give it a go this year, but I will watch with interest to see how you get on so please keep us updated

Comment

• Me too, RosiePosie - I am a bit too disorganised to lunar plant but I would love to be organised enough to follow it. I am sure it makes a difference.

When I lived in California everyone went crackers at the full moon - a very big full moon compared to ours - and started suing the socks off each other I am sure the sheriffs office will confirm the rhythm of activity
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, is Lunar and Biodynamic planting the same thing?

I'll be giving it a go as I've not got an allotment, not sure whether it's better or not, but it's a fun addition to growing veg, and will probably help keep me organised as if the calender says it's a fire/water day I'll be more likely to grab some seeds

Comment

• There are 3 styles of Lunar planting:- Synodic, Biodynamic and Sidereal. Please don't ask me to explain them!!
                        More info Guide to planting by the moon - The Gardeners Calendar

Comment

• I would love to grow my garden by the biodynamic root and spent ages looking into it. I even started to plant by it. As I work full time this has proved to be very difficult. I still intend to try and do it once I get my veggie beds up and running. I have a friend in Bordeaux who has a vineyard and has been using the biodynamic method for a few years now. He recently bought some cows in order to make his own fertiliser and compost stater. I would love to be able to follow it religiously, but it is very difficult when say the planting window is between 10 am and 4 pm.
                          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            There are 3 styles of Lunar planting:- Synodic, Biodynamic and Sidereal. Please don't ask me to explain them!!
                            More info Guide to planting by the moon - The Gardeners Calendar
                            One thing that bothers me about that site is that the moon sign info seems to contradict every other astrological site I've looked at. Today they're saying it's in Virgo hence an earth sign suitable for root crops. Two different astrological sites that I've just checked say that it's Libra today and moving into Scorpio later this afternoon and a moon phase app I have on my phone agrees with that. The gardeners site seems to be 1-2 days out of synch.
                            Last edited by elleme; 26-09-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X