Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunar Planting - what have you grown today?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This web site will give you a simple explanation of the different systems:-
    Guide to planting by the moon - The Gardeners Calendar

Most books focus on Biodynamic and Sidereal because there is more to explain. There is plenty of info on the web. If you scroll back through the posts here and follow the links then you will find nearly all you need without spending money.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Thanks Marchogaeth. I did manage the entire thread last night and have loads of saved links. I'm in that mindset now where everything is 'when the kids go back to school...' so I'll be getting on with it in a few weeks!
      Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Broad bean Aquadulce Claudia and The Sutton have been sown in the polytunnel. Also Oskar pea and Douce Provence.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Croeso nol. I'm planting my beans into the beds in the tunnel later after lifting the last of the peppers and chillies yesterday to come indoors for the winter.

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Forgive me if already mentioned. I have searched everywhere for "In Tune with the Moon 2014" and don't think it's been published. This was my bible for when to sow etc. Anyone know of a good alternative. Happy New year from a wet and sodden Northamptonshire. Worst of it all my man offered to dig
            plot and I refused as solid clay

Comment

• You can get it in the original French, and apparently also in Spanish, but no English translation as far as I can find.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• You could use this instead Guide to planting by the moon - The Gardeners Calendar

Comment

• Does anyone know what happened to "In Tune With The Moon 2014" is it not being printed anymore?

Comment

• BioGarden

Hello. I haven't used it yet, but I've installed an app called BioGarden, which aims to give you all the planting info. I have no under cover or indoor growing facilities, so I have to wait til proper springtime to start my planting.
                    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• I've just installed BioGarden, seems that by chance i planted my leafy stuff on a leafy day... And i already have 1.5 cm shoots, 4 days after planting. (Although, not sure if this is normal as i'm a relative newbie!) But will be waiting until 'flower' day to plant my edible flowers!!

Biodynamics is really quite interesting! Does anyone use these methods on a regular basis?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                      Last edited by Lost_the_plot; 17-02-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Please can I ask a numpty question? Having sowed various things into two windowsill planters I got recently, should I plant out by the rules of lunar planting, or is it only the initial sowing that need be done by it? Thank you.

Comment

• It's not a numpty question!
                          Vegetable Planting Guide - Guide to organic planting, growing and culture of your favorite vegetables. basically says yes if you are biodynamic.

I use synodic and have not found a hard and fast rule. I tend to stick to the weeks but feel once they are germinated and growing well I can plant on anytime except a "do nothing" week.

Comment

• Thank you I always tell my children there's no such thing as a silly question but it doesn't always feel like it as a grown-up!

I was leaningn towards your system, tbh. I must go and check again the differences between biodynamic and synodic.

Comment

• Guide to planting by the moon - The Gardeners Calendar

Straightforward explanation here - depends on how much store you put in the influence of "the stars" over the moon.

Comment

• Marchogaeth - just wondering how far to take the principle of not worrying about the'right' days after things have been sown. I'm asking because as a full moon, today should be a day for doing nothing, but I promised my son we'd do some jobs in the veg patch today and he's very excited about it (he's five!). I was going to plant out some very lively-looking pea plants with him, and I will anyway because I can't bear to disappoint him, but I'm wondering if it's at all important that it's a full moon?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X