No announcement yet.

29th April - Royal WEEEEEding Day

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the last day before the big weeding event so make sure you've got your garden hoe and trowels clean and sharp
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It's a play on words...
      Ah, I'm sorry. I just wasn't reading enough into those words...I'm not the only one of course...weeded wrong, eh ! Sorry if I forked up...
      Looking forward to Friday. Have a couple of documentary film makers coming to help me - I have reserved a truly evil, Matto Grosso-like area of ground elder, dockens and dandelions for them to remove. Should be a barrel of laughs. Ho(e), ho(e), ho(e) !
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Have come to the conclusion that Friday will be mainly planting / sowing day round here as have spent the last 4 days weeding and have finally got on top of it and have beds prepared for the small plants and ickle seeds which are ready to go. Weather forecast is good so nothing will stop me

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
          Ah, I'm sorry. I just wasn't reading enough into those words...I'm not the only one of course...weeded wrong, eh ! Sorry if I forked up...
          Looking forward to Friday. Have a couple of documentary film makers coming to help me - I have reserved a truly evil, Matto Grosso-like area of ground elder, dockens and dandelions for them to remove. Should be a barrel of laughs. Ho(e), ho(e), ho(e) !
          Nutter!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I'm actually tied between weeding and wedding. My mum has said she can come up on Friday (weeding) and of all the unlikely people, OH, has said his friend has invited us to a wedding party. To be honest I'd rather be in the garden, but who to disappoint?

I don't have to worry about dress code for the Royal Weeding though, I've got a rather fetching green waterproof apron!
            Follow my adventures on Twitter: @backyardveggie

My children will grow up knowing the Good Life... one day Tom and Barbara, one day!

Comment

Well, just to surprise everyone, including myself - I'm watching the bladdy WEDDING!!

But only until the Bride gets out of the car so I can see the dress - then I'll go do sommat constructive. Promise!
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Yer yer, likely story - and how about the shots of everyone round the cathedral looking great in their fascinators?
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Now we are having fun spotting the comb-overs!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Well, we've done the lottie this morning.

List:

The onion bed - weeded and mulched with sieved compost
                    New onions in.
                    The 3 large potato beds, weeded and earth up, and watered.
                    The path between ours and Trev's - weeded, and the spiky branches trimmed that were over our side

Now, back home for noodles for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Have come to the conclusion that Friday will be mainly planting / sowing day round here as have spent the last 4 days weeding and have finally got on top of it and have beds prepared for the small plants and ickle seeds which are ready to go. Weather forecast is good so nothing will stop me
                      You had pre-weeding verve then?

Comment

Just back from the lottie.. not a wonam in sight. me and my mate had two 40 minute tea breaks and two 20 minute chats about the world problems, watered all the veg, picked a load of nettles for nettle and hos muck tea in the water buts, picked some spring cabbage and knocked 7 kinds of **** out of the dandilions, turned the compost heap and went home.. now enjoying a glass of red wine and going to watch snooker all afternoon (when not asleep)
                        roger
                        Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Had a quick look at the telly ( pretty frock - nice to see lots of smiling faces)...now off to plant out some more onions!!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We went out to do a plant survey this morning between Benningholme and Swine - don't you just LOVE those names? This afternoon I did the Royal Weeding, shifting out a trug full of wood avens which seeds itself liberally around the garden without you noticing. Made a loaf and sowed beans. Not even seen the frock yet but I dare say I shall not be able to avoid it!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I did my best to avoid the frock... Apparently it looks just like Princess Grace of Monaco's. I daresay that'll be held against her at some point in the future

I have done battle with some (read 'lots') of horsetail and couch on the lottie, and some community dandelions, not to mention braving the supermarket!

Comment

Though I'm old enough to remember Princes Grace I can't say I have a clue what her frock was like! Pay attention at the back there!
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X