No announcement yet.

29th April - Royal WEEEEEding Day

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would love to be weeding or anything else in the garden. Unfortunately as an employer I will be crying into my cheque book.

Bank holidays bah humbug.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Is this a 'dress code' event then?
      Just a hat to spare one's blushes or sunburnt cheeks ;-)
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Is this a 'dress code' event then?
        I'll be the one in a sun hat and shorts

(plus a T shirt)
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I shall try to ensure that my weeding is done and my sowing is up to date so that I can sit in the garden with a glass of champers for the 'toast' to Royal Weeding Day
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Well,my weeding day is today so congrats to myself for a very brave attempt to free my poor strawbs from all sorts of stuff(dock,dandelion,creeping buttercup,nice poor looking couch grass with half a metre roots spreading in all directions,just name it).Hope the strawbs will recover quickly as I shook their roots.

Comment

They are probably shaking their fists at you as we speak coreopsis.

Royal weeding, is that when someone else does it for you. I often have to ask the missus when she says, we need to do a bit of weeding here, if she means the royal we (as in me).
              Last edited by Mikey; 19-04-2011, 03:14 PM.
              I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

I'll be doing... well... something on that day for sure.
                It'll have nothing to do with the close-bred lot though.

I'm only really posting to register my annoyance as this far I've managed to avoid even knowing when the wedding is taking place.

Personally I'm hoping for a nice cool day so I can dig to my heart's content without needing to whimper off into the shade on a regular basis.
                My evil side is hoping for rain though. Lots and lots of rain.

But mostly I'd rather be outdoors than in so we'll go for cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
                  They are probably shaking their fists at you as we speak coreopsis.

Royal weeding, is that when someone else does it for you. I often have to ask the missus when she says, we need to do a bit of weeding here, if she means the royal we (as in me).
                  Gave them a good soak yesterday,they are looking good today.

My OH wouldn't tell a difference between a weed and a plant,so no weeding favours here

Comment

Willkommen bei Facebook - anmelden, registrieren oder mehr erfahren

My private view, (first since leaving uni....gulp ) do come a long if you are around Pompey that day All welcome

Comment

We shall be celebrating the weeding of the allotment with a few bottles of the grape and other fruits....hic

Comment

I'm at work!

Comment

I honestly hadn't even given it a thought, except to think that I needed to go to the library beforehand (in case it was closed) to stock up on....hmmm, maybe my subconscious was at work there !
                          Hoping to be creating a wildlife pond that day which will attract the local dragonflies, with the help of some friends - so I suppose it might be considered a garden party of sorts.
                          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Weeeeeeding, WEEDing! You know, where you grasp hold of small green plants which are growing in the wrong place, and pull them out of the ground? Sometimes with the assistance of a fork, or a trowel? It's a play on words...

I give up....

Comment

Wedid quite a lot last weekend,but there will soon be more to do
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Looking at the pampas grass thread & realised .............

We got one in the front garden (from previous owner & yes I have seen the film) that was killed by the continuous cold last winter,could be a job for the ...... Royal Weeeeeding Day
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X