This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
    Oh yeah, 'Silent Witness', never thought of that before, they'll be along digging it up for you soon!
    Now there's a plan I like the sound of...........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• More like what I did yesterday...

I was in hospital for around 12 hours yesterday having some treatment.
      After reading grow your own magazine and a couple of photography magazines front to back i thought it would be a good idea to make a list of the crops i intend to grow this year. Some will be grown in beds, and the others in pots,window boxes, containers and hanging baskets.
      The list is as follows -

Broad beans
      French beans
      Runner beans
      Courgette
      Squash
      Peas
      Tomatoes (Money maker and trailing cherry)
      Chillies (selection)
      Red peppers
      Beetroot
      Parsnip
      Carrots
      Kale
      Broccoli
      Sprouts
      Swiss chard
      Potatoes
      Radish
      Sweetcorn
      Lettuce (Cos and a mixed leaf cut and come again)
      Rocket
      Leeks
      Spring onions
      onions (from seed)
      Chives
      Various Herbs

As i dont have an allotment, the only thing i need to do now is find room for all of this in my modest back garden.
      I am thinking i might create a video diary to show the progress as my new digital SLR camera has a video option.

All the best !
      Tim

Comment

• Is that all !!!!

My goodness, that looks like a long list, you might need to borrow your neighbours garden as well!
        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbo ! View Post
          I was in hospital for around 12 hours yesterday having some treatment.
          After reading grow your own magazine and a couple of photography magazines front to back i thought it would be a good idea to make a list of the crops i intend to grow this year. Some will be grown in beds, and the others in pots,window boxes, containers and hanging baskets.

All the best !
          Tim
          I shall look forward to seeing that Tim.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• i have a fence panel missing due to the wind so i can get to next door no problem at the moment :-)

Comment

• I'll keep you posted Bill !

Comment

• Put some of my saved Potato Onion bulbs in modules in greenhouse and left some outside to compare..
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

• Collared my neighbour to give me a hand shifting a couple of items. Fig tree is now in position, but still bundled up in fleece. The large fabric planter I had the corn in this year has been moved into to back right hand corner, topped up with compost, and the Jerusalem Artichokes are in there now. I returned the favour by helping him shift a load of broken paving slabs.

It's not raining at the moment, but too cold and windy to do any more today.

Comment

• Very carefully potted up baby tomatos.

Very excitedly, sown five different varieties of aubergines.

www.horticulturalhobbit.com
                    http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info
                    Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

• Piled up rubbish for removal from the allotment in between sheltering from the rain in the shed.

I now have a pile of rotting wood, a pile of rusting iron, a pile of torn weed fabric (neatly folded) and two and a half compost bags full of general rubbish, mostly plastic.

Also cleared the nettle, bramble, grass and bindweed roots from around my pear tree.

And sowed some more basil in a pot to replace the last lot that damped off.
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I finally went down to the plot after a few weeks, everything ok , apart from a few neighbours telling me off for not taking my bags of weeds away.

Brought some peelings for pea bed . Called into village garden centre and brought my seed potatoes early and lates .

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• well today, I had to replace a front disc,disk pads and brake caliper on my car. Went to pick her ladyship up from a celubrious dinner work orientated, after 1.00am last night/this morning and when we got home, the brake disc was actually red hot. Not overly technical to repair but it did take the whole morning between sourcing bits and actually doing the work. The afternoon was spent doing the weekly shop so I've had a wasted day in terms of gardening. Shame because the forecast for tomorrow isn't encouraging.

Comment

• Not done much today. Checked to see if carrots had germinated yet (Nope) Checked to see if garlic had sprouted in the greenhouse yet (Yup). Went to the club to watch the football 5-1 win downed 4 pints happy lad. Down the allotment tomorrow if its not poring down with rain. See what going on with everyone, culpa tea with the committee. I may even do some work if the skys not leaking.
                            Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                            Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                            -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

• Very little garden related - weather absolutely horrid! Out tonight to see Robert Redford on the high seas - "All is Lost". Is this an omen for tomorrow's weather? If it is, then I shall have to plant tomato seeds for germination in the spare bedroom.

Comment

• Had a day off...........................did nowt, zilch, nuffink.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X