Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkmate...................been moving beds around & decided to go for wider paths than I previously had..........there's a nice area in the middle which is going to be home for a tub of Callendulae.

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Was gunna have a few hours "on't plot" after work, to face the fact someone has been residing in the "Summer house" with a make shift bed!

and put all the windows through in the shed!

So spent most of my time tidying the mess!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 07-02-2014, 03:48 PM.
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• made my final 12 ft x 4ft raised bed using pre-used decking boards. Still haveit to fill but do have plenty soil so that's my first job for next week. It's so good just getting these jobs done but it's a real pity the soil is still so raw. I forked over the ground surrounding her ladyship's new raised bed and after working in that area yesterday, It was sooooooh compacted

Comment

• Deanno

That's awful, am so sorry, was there a lot of other damage? I mean its sad that someone has to resort to this, but at your expense. Hope you can sort and secure
          DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
            Was gunna have a few hours "on't plot" after work, to face the fact someone has been residing in the "Summer house" with a make shift bed!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42130[/ATTACH] and put all the windows through in the shed!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42131[/ATTACH]

So spent most of my time tidying the mess!
            That's a shame Deano. If it was only someone (homeless?) wanting some cover, then they may not have put in all the windows
            Possibly kids hanging out there ?
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

• Sowed chillies, aubergines and peppers.

Not nice, Deano - either the thought of folk with nowhere to go in the winter, or folk with no care or consideration for others.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Totally sympathise with the "Homeless Dude" or "Dudess" wanting a little shelter from the elements Tripmeup n PP! n realise him/her May not be one of the same person putting in the windows!

Just a bit off a bind! But nothing that can't be repaired Dotty!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the rough ride Deano. Hope you get it smartened up soon, and it doesn't hit the wallet too hard.

Tonight I went to Aldi again, and (thankfully) managed to leave all the fruit trees where they were. I did pick up a couple of little pots of tulips and muscari though. Once I got home the weather was fair so I started moving some of the big stuff around for the new layout. Large waterlogged ceramic pots with trees in are NOT light Managed to get about a quarter of the trees positioned, plus a couple of the ramsons planters. Also did a bit of tidying up on both apple trees. Much happier with the shapes now

On top of that I managed to get my Persimmon potted up, so that just leaves the Decaisnea Fargesii and my Blueberry Bluecrop for the last two 30l tubs. Need more pots though - big ones. I still have to provide accommodation for barberry, jostaberry, elder, 3 Leucothoe Zeblids, and 6 more blueberry bushes which are on the way I could probably do with potting on my Christmas tree too ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Fought the elements, made 5 raised beds & just put them on the soil, no doubt I will be playing chess with them till I'm happy with their final positions before filling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42076[/ATTACH].
                    BM! Hate to say this! Coz you has done really well!

But your new site looks more like a "Crime Scene" with that tape, every time I look at it!

Comment

But your new site looks more like a "Crime Scene" with that tape, every time I look at it!
                      Oh yeah, 'Silent Witness', never thought of that before, they'll be along digging it up for you soon!
                      DottyR

Comment

• Put an apple and cherry tree in huge pots today, hurting my back in the process when I tried to lift one, Opps!

Comment

• Cleaned the glass on the greenhouse, yes I know it should be done more than once every 4 years but I've been busy.
                          Hope to grow more than mushrooms now, isn't it amazing how much light gets through the glass.
                          David

"Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple." Bill Mollison.

Comment

• Checked the repaired shed roof for any leaks. Looks like a job done well!
                            Sowed some more seeds!

Comment

• More double digging at lottie today! Hard going but I am so happy that my back is largely better after about 6 months and that I can dig again as I love nothing better It was a beauoootiful day here in Yorkshire, like April rather than Feb. Also decided to do a 'no-dig' bed with cardboard and compare the results with those from the beds that have now been dug to beggery and back.
                              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

You want to see it from my end, it looks like a graveyard..........I just hope the helechopper don't look down...........
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X