Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Loving ***** Fluid! Always clears my sinuses. Did mine out with that too but back in November with a repaint in early December.

Anyhow, today it was the girls' turn! They had a grub out and I cleaned their des res Eglu out. We moved them to another patch in the orchard area of the garden so that they could catch some rays!
    Whilst up that end of the garden we took down a twenty foot holly tree and logged it to season. Still clearing said area so will start again tomorrow. It's given me some beanpoles and an area for a veranda and cabin cum summer house.
    Hot bath now and a takeaway for dinner as we are done in!
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

treated the roof beams with wood preserver at the allotment greenhouse took my christmas prezzie from daughter (gift voucher) for local g c and bought a work station tray thingy a black hamburgh grape vine and a bag of lady christi seed potatos well chuffed

Comment

(Yesterday). Planted 200 willow cuttings as wind breaks. Planted into polythene. A nice and quick job but moving stones to hold down the polythene sheeting was hard work. Really pleased with the cuttings and we are looking forward to having some height and greenery in what was, until recently, a paddock. Hopefully these will provided enough cuttings next year to continue the wind breaks round other parts of the garden.

Comment

Sorted out the bird feeders and started making plans for the coming months...

Comment

Put the final touches to my gardening hut (shed really) well chuffed with it. The first time I have had anywhere to do my seeds and potter around
            Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Yesterday
              Went viewed and ordered our new greenhouse 16x8 elite belmont
              Today
              Dug a 16x10 patch and weeded this morning while SWMBO cleared the rasberrys and rhubarb patches of old leaves and weeds and mulched with some beautiful equine poop
              Then came home and sowed
              Dorset nagas
              Bengal nagas
              Naga viper
              Scorpion butch t's
              Chocolate nagas
              And some broad beans in modules

Comment

Sown a couple of tomatoes in heated propagator. OH has cleared some of the weeds and debris in the garden & mucked out the bunnies.
                Put all my seeds info in to a spreadsheet, complete with filters for easy sorting. Very shocked at the sheer numbers of seeds I have and wonder what possessed me. Also started an excel balance sheet and wished I hadnt, its going to take yonks to make any "profit" so to speak. Ooops.

I knew it was better to be in disorganised bliss.

Comment

Started first seed sowing of the year - scotch bonnets, hot cayenne and gusto purple chillies, as well as some verbena bonariensis for the front garden.
                  Planted out rooted lavender cuttings, potted on 2 lettuce seedlings in the gh. Made lemon curd for the first time!
                  come visit a garden
                  or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Planted my 9 raspberry canes, checked my new laurel hedging and firmed up a few that had been rocked around by the recent rough winds...
                    Pulled up another celeriac plant to (again) see sod all there so chucked it on the compost heap...Really dont get the celeriac thing...!!
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

To work off that destroyed feeling from watching Sherlock last night, decided to start some new life - chillis, green tomato, alpine strawberry, some salad.

Also girded my loins and tackled the arduous task of plant id-ing ie took some pictures of my growing stuff to identify on the computer, since I got the seedlings all mixed up while transplanting and I'm too new to id by sight. Learnt my lesson though - all my new sowings have their own containers, no mix and match, and with a little label too with name and date of life-giving.

Picked some daikon/mooli leaves, tossed it in with some potatoes and water and garlic etc, had it with some rice. Lovely.

Comment

Pruned back my grape vine, sowed some chillies and picked kale for our tea

Comment

nothing gardening wise as i was at work through the daylight hours but this evening i made a yorkshire curd tart started the curds yesterday well impressed with the result

Comment

- planted out the root-trained broadies & Meteor peas with Garden Club
                            - found & shelled some forgotten-about White Lady runners, all dried nice to use as butter beans
                            - hung up some more fat balls for the birdies
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 17-01-2012, 07:45 PM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by hollychap View Post
                              nothing gardening wise as i was at work through the daylight hours but this evening i made a yorkshire curd tart started the curds yesterday well impressed with the result
                              Recipe? I have a Yorkshire man...please
                              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Sent Mr VVG out for a white strawberry from Wilkos as I am with cold...aired the greenhouse and did some chopping back. Added it to the heap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X