Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half pruned my raspberries...not sure if they're Summer or Autumn, so figured that was the best bet. Weeded them as best I could, ready to mulch later in the week and then cleared another bed, ready to dig.

Oh, and spent some long over due time with the chooks....mainly trying to convince one that January is not the time to go broody
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

What I have done today part deux......

.Decided it was time to dig out my propagator and do a bit of sowing.
      Sowed Golden Bear onions and Lillia spring onion in one half tray and Neptune and Real leeks in another half tray.
      Bottom of propagator is covered with sand and compost is moistened. Now all i have to do is wait and see whether 5 year old propagator still works , by checking for condensation on inside of plastic.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Added another 6 bags of woodchippings to my main path this evening. What a difference it makes covering those weeds with woodchip!
        I need to do this.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by hollychap View Post
          BBC - Food - Recipes : Yorkshire curd tart
          its the hairy bikers recipe heres the link its even better the next day
          Ooh thank you - only just seen this
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Had a day off work today and took advantage with 6 hours in the garden! As I'm starting afresh at my new home, I de-turfed and dug over 3, 2 metre square beds and 1, 1.5 metre square patch... My back is aching a bit now

Also sowed 8 different varieties of chilli seed in a propagator and planted some elephant garlic in pots (bought for 50p at the weekend).
            What would Delia do?

Comment

Seed potatos arrived yesterday (Arran Pilot, Maris Piper, Red Duke of York and Sharpe's Express) so put out to chit. Well packaged from Alan Romans. The Lady Christel still have not arrived (from another supplier).

I plan to put four equal size tubers of each early variety to into potato planters to compare taste and yield with the rest all going into the ground in the usual way.

Comment

Thought I'd start on the DIY greenhouse.

Broke 2 panes of glass trying to get them out of the old frames.

Luckily I have a few more than I think I'll need

Comment

Planted out my shallots which I'd started off in modules when they arrived a couple of weeks ago. They had just filled the module with roots, so they should have a good start. Now they are getting well watered in with all the rain.
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

ordered 900 litres of compost i think i might have ordered too much ???
                    my seeds arrived today calabrese belstar f1, does anyone think i should be starting these off now xxx

glad to see everyones happy gardening xx

Comment

Soaked and planted a blackberry cane (Black Satin).

Hard pruned one of the chayotes but it looks truly dead. Not sure what to do so I'm just keeping it where it is, inside, until the weather turns warmer and less moody.

One strawberry seed sprouted, but no chillis yet.

Am reading up on lunar planting - strange but interesting.

Comment

Just sown 4 bhut jolokia and 4 rocoto chillies. Set them at 26c in the vitopod.

Some sweet peppers to be added later.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Last lot of early potatos (Lady Christl) arrived yesterday (from Tuckers), so laid out to chip thismorning.

2.5 kg of seed potatos was 42 spuds. Many were very small - not much more than an inch diameter, and one was cracked so I might complain.

Comment

Potted up the chitted sweet peas.

Comment

Yesterday I bought my Pentland Javelin potatoes they're upstairs in egg boxes.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

sown leeks and purple sprouting brocoli in a propagator in the greenhouse, brocoli in hope of an early greenhouse crop. planted three early potatos in tatty bags inside the allottment greenhouse and made clear plastic jackets for them, 2 swift 2 pentland javelin and 3 lady christi again hoping for an earlier than usual crop. sown jalapeno and cayenne (thank you gyo) in a small propagator in the spare bedroom, potted on the seed sown rhubarb. starting to get itchy fingers i can see there being quite a few trials with various seeds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X