• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suky...
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ure_41837.html
    and
    Manure - check provenance before buying
    ...are probably required reading before you go ahead and get a load of that muck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      Play safe & keep your root veg away from it Suky.
      Originally posted by organic View Post
      Suky...
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ure_41837.html
      and
      Manure - check provenance before buying
      ...are probably required reading before you go ahead and get a load of that muck.
      Bigmally, I knew one of the groups didn't like rich food! Thanks.

Organic, thanks for the prompt, checked, luckily she doesn't spray with anything so no probs there. She has only a small concern (keeps miniature horses too!) and they use the manure on their own crops too so I didn't expect there to be a problem.

Comment

beautiful mud

On my way, my lovely son mixed the ingredients for my 1m x 2m square foot bed, ok gonna work out the imperial to metric eventually, but it is a sight to behold, 1/3 compost, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 peat moss, not sure how growing your own sits with using the planets resources i.e. peat moss, but right now don't give a monkeys, it looks so good wanna photograph it for posterity, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it

Comment

Suky - sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazy View Post
            On my way, my lovely son mixed the ingredients for my 1m x 2m square foot bed, ok gonna work out the imperial to metric eventually, but it is a sight to behold, 1/3 compost, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 peat moss, not sure how growing your own sits with using the planets resources i.e. peat moss, but right now don't give a monkeys, it looks so good wanna photograph it for posterity, wish me luck, I'm gonna need it
            Good luck Dazy, hope you get good results.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think I'm going to devote on of my beds to this, but adapt some of the priciples. Last year I grew some pretty massive onions, which were great, but I wonder whether the productivity will be greater under this scheme for things like onions, garlic, carrots, beetroot, parsnips, beans etc.?
              My 2014 No Dig Allotment
              My 2013 No Dig Allotment
              My 2012 No Dig Allotment
              My 2011 No Dig Allotment

Comment

Originally posted by Dazy View Post
                which compost did you use?

Comment

Many thanks for the great presentation. I'm looking to veg garden properly for the first time this year, and this seems like a sensible way to start.

Comment

I have decided that this is the way to go in my garden, room for a little bit of everything. One question though - which of the square ft books should I buy? As Mel Bartholomew seems to have brought out a few.

I am planning to give my son a few squares of his own, to keep his interest in gardening going this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gillian62 View Post
                      I have decided that this is the way to go in my garden, room for a little bit of everything. One question though - which of the square ft books should I buy? As Mel Bartholomew seems to have brought out a few.

I am planning to give my son a few squares of his own, to keep his interest in gardening going this year.
                      I would assume you would buy the most recent book Gillian.
                      Last edited by Bigmallly; 13-03-2010, 08:49 AM.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Got mine yesterday will be reading and making plans ASAP
                        http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
                        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

I've been reading all the square foot gardening stuff with interest and I've seen a website with a tool where you can plan your garden by dragging and dropping pictures, which was great.

It had pretty pictures on a sliding bar at the top that you dropped into a grid the size of your patch.

I stupidly didn't bookmark it and now I can't find it. Does anybody know where it is?

Comment

Ignore me, I've found it - Square Foot Garden, Squarefoot Gardening Tips, Square Foot Gardening Plans

Comment

Is this it?.

http://drgndrop.com/garden/dragDropGarden.swf

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                No, it's the one I linked to at the same time as your post, but that one's good as well, especially with showing plant heights.

That's something I know nothing about and as you're supposed to plant the tallest ones at the back, that could be a problem if I have no idea how tall these things grow (said Adam to Eve).

Thanks for the site find

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X