Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I got 1lb of sloes (from the hedge up the road)and a few rasps to add to the already full freezer!!!

Comment

• Back from a few week's holiday and start clear up process at lotty. I have harvested all chilli peppers, physalis and tomatilos in the green house and outside loads of leeks, beets, turnips, moolis and radishes etc.

Comment

• Yesterday I picked the last tomatoes, peppers and chilli's from the greenhouse, all in the freezer now apart from a few toms that I' hope will ripen.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last of the tomatoes (various stages of ripe to not), some more achocha (straight into the freezer), few raspberries (straight into me), chard for tea and some more dried out beans.

Comment

• leeks,parsnips which surprised me by being non forked,cabbage,sprouts, and cauliflower

Comment

• With having finally got out into our kitchen garden for mowing the lawns today, I surprisingly happened upon three Butternut Squashes that had survived the frosts, and another two that had, but the sheep had found them first (!)

The other huge surprise was collecting ripe Physalis from tub-grown specimens that I'd abandoned in The Onion Bed.
              All of these have survived our recent frosts.

And can you believe that my pepper and tomato plants are still trying to produce still in the draughty dutch greenhouse? ...mad.....
              And thank you for listening.X

Comment

• half a dozen parsnips. Only one (the giant one) had canker: I guess this was a self-sown one, the rest are Gladiator
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Some lettuce still hanging on in a tub by the kitchen door.
                  Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• Blueberries

Picked the last of the blueberries (Nui) today, 503g of sweet berries.

Comment

• 6 lemon drop chillies. 3 Orange habaneros. A big bunch of carrots. Big bunch of spring onions.
                      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

• Some salad leaves and herbs, made a lovely fresh salad
                        Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• 5 Lemon Drop chillies from indoors, 6 spring onions & lettuce from lotty
                          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-11-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Well into leek season here.... so more leeks
                            and dug up the last of the carrots too.

G
                            I fear no beer

Comment

• Carrots, leeks and whitefly covered kale
                              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• a carrier bag of spring onions, kale, pak choi, mustard & a late showing of Canadian Wonder shelly beans. And another 200g raspberries, there would have been more but the rain has spoiled them
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X