Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvested carrots that were sowed in the bins that had my first early potatoes in. The soil is perfect after being sprinkled back in, and now the tubs are in the greenhouse to get that extra bit of warmth to keep them going.
    The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
    William M. Davies

Comment

• Today i mostly harvested- Parsnips, curly kale and sprouts and a few "small but perfectly formed" Carrots. Served with some local Lamb cutlets-Perfick!
      "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

• A couple of leggy lettuces, a few radishes and small carrots from the outdoor bed. Don't know how much longer they can keep it up, there was a bit of a frost out there first thing.

Comment

• Yesterday - beetroot, loads of it - some small though. Planning to jar it later today.
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Just fetched some Carots, Parsnip and sprouts for tonights roast, along with a butternut and spuds from in shed store-Nearly got blown away by the breeze, but worth it LOL
            "... discipline is what the world needs today and etiquette, you know. For one of the noblest things a man can do is to do the best he can, yeah ..."

Prince Far I (1944-1983)

Comment

• Two beautiful leeks from the allotment before the rain set in. Granddaughter was most impressed.

Comment

• Yesterday at the castle, I harvested about 20 beetroot, 2 celeriac, a basket of PSB, a pile of Black Tuscan Kale, some sage and a cabbage.
                Rat

British by birth
                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• A large Kilaxy, clubroot resistant cabbage, three leeks and a bunch of late flowering chrysanths!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Yesterday I harvested the last of my late carrots, the first of my PSB and winter cabbage and some spring onions...

PSB & Carrots for dinner were well received..!
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cabbage, Brussel Sprouts, Kale + white fly, does no one tell them it's too cold & too beetle off somewhere else, some sprouting broc that has re sprouted,calabrese -it's re sprouted too, and carrots.

Comment

• Today - spring onions, red cabbage and RASPBERRIES!
                        Family motto "semper in excretum"

Comment

• Originally posted by dammad49 View Post
                          Today - spring onions, red cabbage and RASPBERRIES!
                          Mmmmm..........frozen rasps! Just some leeks harvested by me now bubbling away in two pans, one pan has a leek pudding in it Yum.......... and tuther a ham broth!
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Harvested leeks, sprouts,beetroot and a cabbage!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Ginger...............
                              Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

• Harvested two mahoosive mooli (one of which I gave to chooks),some sprouts,a cabbage, some tatties.
                                Had the mooli and the cabbage with lamb at lunchtime. The mooli was really tasty and is a very underated vegetable in my opinion.

I found a pocket of Duke of York early spuds which hadn't been harvested. Not expecting much I dug one of the shyes and lo and behold there were six large potatoes in very good condition.
                                Boiled with a bit of mint these will be grand supper fodder!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X