X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted out my Blauhilde french beans, some Land cress and a Mini Bell tom into its final pot.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Weeding! They come up nicely after the heavy rain

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted a couple of Beth Alpha cucs in the GH border.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Applied Iron(II) sulphate 1g m2 to lawn for magic overnight green up. Been waiting for rain to be able to do it.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Set up the rest of the bean supports.
    Planted out a load of stuff:
    -6 sweet potato plants
    -7 tomato plants
    -11 potted runner bean roots (I dug them up in April and potted them up, then planted the vigorous ones out again)
    -25 pepper plants (mostly sweet peppers)

Also move almost everything else out onto the patio to harden off.
    Last edited by ameno; 17-05-2022, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Finished spreading poultry manure on all of the beds.
    Finished laying down the black plastic for my tender crops.
    Sowed some more beetroot.
    Strimmed the paths.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Weeded what will be my bean row sorted out canes just waiting for the french beans to get a bit bigger before planting out.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Dug up an ailing heuchera and put it in a pot on death row;
    Love the idea of death row

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Dug up an ailing heuchera and put it in a pot on death row; the place plants go to die, unless I manage to save them. Sowed the last sweet peas out. Bit of weeding in the veg beds and scattered growmore around. Sowed more basil in the prop, last lot doing well on the windowsill. Mainly weeding around the front garden path, it’s a constant task until I get a new path.
    Last edited by annie8; 16-05-2022, 06:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I left some of my tomato plants & pepper on the patio last night (no space in the blowaways,so many plants ​​​​​​) so I went out just gone midnight to check for slugs eating them,found a few snails on the patio,I heard a noise over by the buddleia & it was a hedgehog so I quietly went indoors & that’s good then

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Finished preparing the to-be sweetcorn bed ready to plant them out tomorrow: raked out the last of the weeds; leveled; added 30g m2 13-13-13; and gave it a good watering.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted my Kales under the brassica cage, gave away my last 2 spare toms. Moved courgettes into cold frame.

Watched the Lancaster bomber fly over our area

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Ran the clippers over the fuchsia hedge around the cottage garden.

A bit late as is was starting to flower but it's really resilient and birds don't seem to nest in it so not too concerned.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Sowed the last of the peas direct, planted out the remaining beetroot seedlings. Planted out courgettes, onion squash and crown Prince pumpkin. Potted more tomatoes onto their second last pot. Also planted out a couple of dahlias, and pricked out nigella blue and white seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on my 2 Minibell Tom's these aren't going in the GH border they're going to be pot grown.
    ​​​​​​Planted out land dress.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X