X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Nothing much in the garden lately apart from raking and bagging up leaves.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    There was a frost a couple nights ago, so today I cleared up the sweet potato vines I had left to get killed by frost and put them on the compost. I also pulled up all of my sweetcorn plants and some other thick-stemmed plants and carried them all home for shredding.

I'm impressed by how frost-resistant pepper plants are. It went down to about 0 the other night, and certain plants definitely show it (the sweet potato vines were completely blackened, and the cape gooseberries and my plot neighbours amaranth are fairly singed, if still alive), yet most of the pepper plants have no damage at all.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    Planted 5 new autumn raspberry canes. Checked on the broad bean plants planted out last week. Most are under a cloche, mainly to protect from high wind. The whitefly seem to have mostly been washed away now.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Pulled out what remains of the squash plants, and all of the tomato plants, and put them on the compost.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Yesterday I went to two garden centres because of garlic,there was just one bulb at the first GC with one soft clove feels like last packet in the place,loads of Christmas stuff tho can’t believe it,garlic can be planted til December & then again spring,why run out now but they had lots of red onions (electric) so they’re still my favourite GC got some seeds while there orange balm it says “mandarina has a pronounced orange scent,slightly trailing habit,good in containers or ground cover,use in herbal teas” also got petunia,geranium,peas & cucumber. Second GC had one last packet of garlic too,Garcua variety,two firm bulbs also got a cyclamen & yellow pansies to take to my dads garden at the crematory.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Yesterday while topping the bird feeders up,I noticed a brocolli plant growing through the top of the net house I’d made,the wind had blown it into a strange shape,I unpegged the net & put it away,then tied the biggest plant to a stick for support so all brocolli are totally uncovered now the aphids will be glad I did that. No caterpillars when I checked the plants this time.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Removed the last couple of GH Toms and basil plants.
    Added dalek compost to GH border then moved the buckets of winter lettuce into the GH.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-11-2022, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Yesterday was wet like today,I removed the finished tomato,cucumber & pepper plants. I planted my last 3 spare brocolli plants in large containers tomatoes were in,to see how they do,firmed them down,planted deep. I need to fertilise them next time. Twelve brocolli plants now In three different areas of the garden,two plants are under netting. I did the weeding by the brocolli & courgettes. Took down one of the finished bean teepees,I cut the bean vines,leaving the root,I’ve put the broken up leaves over the soil & some grape leaves too. There’s a lot of waste from the grapevine,I just rip all the leaves up & put them on the beds,loads under the grapevine about 6” worth,to feed it back into the soil.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Picked all the ripe tomatoes, tomorrow I’ll be removing the last few plants and taking the rest of the Toms indoors to ripen.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Dehydrated all my lunchbox peppers, they look so pretty!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Cut back this year’s blackberry stems. I got rained of so I’ll tie in the new growth tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-11-2022, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Watered my last few tomato and cucumber plants. Picked all my lunchbox peppers.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Removed my French beans stems/canes, then dug a bean trench filling it with Dalek compost. Raked and bagged up leaves.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Removed a couple of Toms that have finished,
    not many more left in the GH.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Hopefully I have made enough space between my pots for the oil delivery man and his enormous unruly hose to fill up my tank without leaving carnage in his wake

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X