X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annie8
    replied
    Swept leaves and went over them with the mower, then added to the compost heap and leaf mould pile. Got my son to climb the apple tree and get the rest of the apples.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    A couple of days ago I started removing some finished tomato & cucumber plants (picked the last cucumber & more tomatoes). I opened the patio door about 1pm & it feels warm outside,I’ve left it open,weather says 21 degrees,like a summer day. Me & mum went to the new M & S at colchester yesterday it’s massive & good day out,we got some Christmas presents,had pots of tea in the cafe then did some food shopping,they sell freshly prepared garlic baguettes,I also got some satsumas,peaches,vegetable samosas,sushi & cakes.
    I picked a few apples the other day,there’s still a lot on the tree,I think I’ll need to cook & freeze a lot of them to make them last through the winter…

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted up some lettuce, repotted a Rosemary bush that needed a new pot.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Planted up my bulbs, I am feeling so smug as last year I didn't get them in until the end of November!
    Well done me!
    Last edited by peanut; 28-10-2022, 04:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Finished digging up the sweet potatoes. Now I have a huge pile of vines from them heaped up on one of my beds. They really do produce a lot of growth... I need to leave it to be killed by a frost, as I've found that if I put it straight on the compost heap it just keeps growing in there.

I also dug over part of the big bed, and then emptied the compost bin onto it, and started refilling the bin with the seaweed I gathered when I was in Cornwall last week.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Removed the last of my cucumber plants in the GH, potted up strawberry runners, cleared the last courgettes and weeded the bed.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I haven’t been in the garden for two days,I’ve got a really sore throat & a cold,I binge watched a good series on Netflix yesterday called the watcher,it was very good,based on true story,it really had my mind wondering who was the watcher,I thought I new but I was wrong a few times,that’s not happened before,usually I’m wrong once I can see a little cucumber growing from the patio door & tomatoes & courgettes need picking probably tomorrow because it’s dark now. In the summer I do loads of gardening at this time of day

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Pulled up and composted 4 courgette plants that have finished, cut lower leaves of my GH Tom plants, weeded borders.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Cut my JA’s down to 6 inch then dug out some dandelions.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    A brisk sunny morning on the plot. Cleared some space and sowed a winter mix green manure. Sprayed the brassicas to try and keep whitefly within reasonable limits. Sprouts more affected than PSB oddly. Also I think a sprout plant has something not good as the leaf stalks are a blotchy dark grey in places. Noticed others on the site similarly affected.
    Gave the leeks a seaweed feed to perk them up before winter.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mowed most of the field but got rained off. Just as well tbh as I was getting exhausted

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Heavy rain here until 30 mins ago so nothings out doors. Have been for my Covid jab then just general house stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Bit windy today,I put support sticks in for two of the brocolli plants that were swaying about too much,they’re all safe now weathers quite warmish out there today despite the wind,about 17 degrees but sky full of clouds.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted mixed lettuce into buckets they will eventually be moved to my GH for the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Planted out five of my spare broccoli plants with a bit of rootgrow in the holes,I’ve got nine plants out there now there’s still three spare plants. Did a bit of weeding & picked more tomatoes,two courgettes & two runner beans I’m having a bad year for runner beans but tomatoes,cucumbers & peppers have done well
    Edit - I just added BFB round all the broccoli plants & watered the new plantings with seaweed fertiliser,the other plants are established so they don’t ask for much.
    Last edited by Jungle Jane; 03-10-2022, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X