Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked and dehydrated apples, the bits were m/waved and frozen.

Peanut I’ve not tried toms only apples and fruit leathers, I’ll have to give them a go.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Picked and dehydrated apples, the bits were m/waved and frozen.

Peanut I’ve not tried toms only apples and fruit leathers, I’ll have to give them a go.
      I'll let you know how they turn out, given this first batch are the tasteless gartenperle, they can only improve! I've got lots of other varieties to try which I'm hoping will be much better.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Potted on 5 pak Choi. Sowed autumn onions. Sprayed the whitefly on the PSB with soapy water. Found a baby squash and put a tile underneath more in hope than expectation. Planted out 4 lettuce.

Comment

• New netting arrived, so I transplanted the red cabbages and planted out the jerome cauliflowers into the bed and covered with the net. Also moved some of the purple sprouting broccoli, to leave them enough space to grow.

Comment

• Planted out the first 6 spring cabbage and cloched. Watered each hole well as it is still so dry here.
            Pak Choi put in a spare tub. Moved 2 leeks that were on the edge of proposed autumn onion bed (they had just been there a few weeks as no space elsewhere). Trimmed tops and roots again and popped in permanent place.
            Sowed more late lettuce vars and more spinach to fill in the rows. The spinach hasn’t germinated very well although watered and I put this down once again to exceptionally dry conditions. However the chard sown at the same time seems more resilient so if the second lot don’t come on I will infill with chard. Roll on rain at the end of the week!

Comment

• Today I have been mainly doing a bit of planning of the new plot and ordered my Shallots, another rhubarb plant (Stockbridge Arrow) and a goosgog (Lancashire lad). And I've done a seed order that the allotment site gets a bit of money from to help the funds ...I know how to creep ...apart from that I've been watching the rain
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

• A large punnet of runner beans and three cucumbers.
                Also a handful of raspberries.
                Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Cleared the runner beans as part of grand tidy up before winter. Cleared away 6 year old diseased rasps. I need to think about where to put the row next time.
                  Sowed a line of garlic cloves on the plot just before the rain came.

Comment

• Removed 2 finished cucumber plants from the GH, the remaining plant has 4 cucumbers on so will see how they do.
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-09-2022, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Picked more tomatoes,removed more leaves. Remaining peppers changing colour I’ll leave them a bit longer. Little cucumbers growing on a few plants,at the end of the heatwave the cucumbers were putting out sideshoots,some of the cucumbers are formed on these. Only one out of three butternuts are successful veg for harvesting,second plant has a little squash but the leaves are all limp & dying,the squash is a bit soft,the third plant has nothing just leaves & a flower. The heatwave/drought wasn’t good for them or the runner beans. Two courgette plants still producing,pick them soon. Brocolli plants two are under netting & two plants are very holey not under net. I’ve got more in pots rooted into a big container of compost,spares under netting,I’m thinking of planting them out soon,I have a bit of space in the soil,here’s a photo of them,they look a bit squashed where the netting was left over them untouched for about two months

Click image for larger version

Name:	B70E4A73-BAA3-4987-A6BA-F4683C10948E.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	849.5 KB
ID:	2552459

Comment

• Dismantled and washed the cucumber self-watering system and used the old compost for some lettuce plants.
                        Tidied up remaining courgette plants then pulled up and composted the bolted lettuce.

Comment

• Planted out five of my spare broccoli plants with a bit of rootgrow in the holes,I’ve got nine plants out there now there’s still three spare plants. Did a bit of weeding & picked more tomatoes,two courgettes & two runner beans I’m having a bad year for runner beans but tomatoes,cucumbers & peppers have done well
                          Edit - I just added BFB round all the broccoli plants & watered the new plantings with seaweed fertiliser,the other plants are established so they don’t ask for much.
                          Last edited by Jungle Jane; 03-10-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Planted mixed lettuce into buckets they will eventually be moved to my GH for the winter.

Comment

• Bit windy today,I put support sticks in for two of the brocolli plants that were swaying about too much,they’re all safe now weathers quite warmish out there today despite the wind,about 17 degrees but sky full of clouds.

Comment

• Heavy rain here until 30 mins ago so nothings out doors. Have been for my Covid jab then just general house stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X