Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a pot of French breakfast radishes.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sowed the first of this years carrots. Half a row of danver half long. Also sowed some chitter adelaman peas in root trainers and some rocket, coriander and cut and come again lettuce.

Comment

• Potted up some sprouted melon seeds. 7 Emir.

Comment

• Finished sowing the last of my pre-chitted parsnips.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Soaked 2 types of butternut squash and sowed them. Alderman peas chitted successfully so sown in tall pots.
            On plot sowed 2 half rows of carrots Nantes 5 between the onions under cloche.
            More perpetual spinach in modules as first lot struggling due to slugfest.
            Have decided not to sow parsley but to wait until last years plants seed in July/august and sow straight away and overwinter. This was very successful last year both for germination and for stronger plants.

Comment

• Planted up four bags of Charlotte potatoes today Then sowed a tub of hurst green shaft peas & one tub sowed with sugar bon snap peas,both tubs have a a few carrot seeds in too (early Nantes 2) I wonder what the difference 5 Nantes is with 2 🤔

Comment

• I planted two types of squash, two types of courgettes and fifty sweetcorn seeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                  Just spotted my sweetcorn seeds sow by date was dec last year. Hat do you reckon - do I chance it or is sweetcorn one that always needs fresh seed?
                  Yea turns out it does still germinate but bit more patchy. Should have enough though as I sowed extra. Didn’t have great sweetcorn last year, the seedlings died back before I got them outside. Hoping for better this year.

Comment

• Today I sowed emir melons & two types of squash sweetmax & honey bear.

Comment

• Put some seeds on damp kitchen roll to germinate.

Sweetcorn
                      Cucumber

And the following 5 types of squash:

Marina di Chioggia
                      Australian Butter
                      Oregon Homestead
                      Tahiti Melon
                      A Bulgarian variety whose name I forget

Comment

• Was getting anxious about having enough swift sweetcorn so went and bought some seed and sowed some

Comment

• Today I sowed two pots of catmint,a few pots of basil,two pots with elefant leeks,four pots of passandra cucumber,a tray of broccoli red admiral (old seed but I’ve sown a lot in hope some germinate )

Comment

• Potted up several sprouted squash seeds.
                            Sowed a row of beetroot and two rows of carrots, and a short row of radishes.

Comment

• Tried to create a barrier of sticks to dissuade the fox from digging up my pea seedlings. Not sure why it has done it for the last few nights. Seemed to work last night at least.

Comment

• Put runner beans, CFB's and courgettes to chit today. I'm undecided whether to bother trying to chit 5yo squash seeds, probably won't have room for them anyway.
                                Last edited by mothhawk; 30-04-2022, 09:01 AM.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X