This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed sowing thread 2022

A link to last year’s if you find that useful…

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ng-thread-2021

Let’s hope 2022 is going to be a fantastic growing year!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Can I include the sweet peas I sowed on Boxing Day? It's almost 2022 isn't it?

5 seeds each of 5 varieties in pots - a Christmas present - and put outside in a sheltered spot.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      Can I include the sweet peas I sowed on Boxing Day? It's almost 2022 isn't it?
      I think the gardening year starts at Christmas.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

I sowed some onions on Boxing Day, then today I sowed a few lettuce seeds.
        I'm not sure these will come to anything, but I've got plenty more for later on
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

My garlic is sprouting on the shed window sill and is due in the ground new years day or as close as.
          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Old bed champion onion seeds sown 2 days ago on spare room windowsill in unheated propagator.

Comment

Sowed some peas outside as a trial, seed sowing will be held back for a time to ease any "where can I put these seedlings pressure"
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Sowed a patch of spinach about 1000mm by 400mm under the greenhouse bench. Used some of the dug-out tomato bed from last year, plus a couple of handfuls (50g ?) ) of 15-15-15

Will light it when they come through. Supposed to be ready in 40 days. We'll see.
                Last edited by quanglewangle; 11-01-2022, 11:36 AM. Reason: tidied word order
                I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Mini cucumber Hana F1 sown about 7 days ago in greenhouse propagator is just through.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Compress_20220115_095123_3700.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	2539685

Comment

My old bed champion onion seeds produced 3 seedlings! Therefore resown new rijksberger onions hoping for better result.
                    also trying old douce Provence seeds to see if they are any good, ie if they look fairly vigorous, otherwise we will be eating a lot of pea shoots,
                    had present of broad bean seeds so sowed 20 in roottrainers,

Comment

Getting nervous about the aubergines, which are due to poke their little heads through tomorrow.

Started a week late this year and they need a long season to be worthwhile.

Comment

Sowed some peppers in my new heated propagator, 2 x Cayenne hot pepper and 6x Corno di Toro sweet pepper.

Comment

Aubergines now through in greenhouse propagator. 12 days after sowing. Slightly longer than the usual 10 days for same variety under same conditions.

Comment

Yesterday - sowed 260 Kelvedon Wonder peas in guttering. They'll sit on shelves in the PT until going out at the end of March.
                            Also sowed maincrop and spring onions in cells.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

My first sowing of the season, radishes, spring onions and
                              4 types of lettuce.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X