Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted cucs, and aubergines in my GH then put courgettes out under cloches.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 27-05-2021, 07:58 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out Cobra and Pea Bean french beans (the Cobra look rather worse for wear, with bad sun scorch, so I've sown some more just in case).
      Planted out four of my big overwintered pepper plants.
      Cut holes in the black plastic I previously laid, in preparation for planting into it tomorrow.

At home, I planted out my 12 sweetcorn plants, and dug over the squash bed.

Comment

• Planted out courgettes, toms, DFB's, cosmos and 38 sweetcorn.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Weeded one flowerbed then Cuprinoled several fence posts and the barn doors.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Planted out lots of plants at the allotment:

-15 French bean plants
            -2 Marina di Chioggia squash
            -2 Candy Roaster squash
            -2 Red Warty thing squash
            -4 Emir melon
            -3 Collective farm woman melon
            -2 Watermelon
            -3 Mountain Magic tomatoes
            -4 Mountain Magic F3 tomatoes
            -4 Polish beefsteak tomatoes (forget the exact name)
            -9 sweet potato plants
            -24 assorted pepper plants

I accidentally snapped off one of the sweet potato plants, but it still has two leaves left, an a good root system, so I think it should regrow soon enough. If not, I have plenty of spares at home.

Also, an update on the squash "cuttings" (seedlings which had had their roots eaten by fungus gnat larvae) I took 10 days ago.
            Both now have a couple of roots showing at the holes in the bottom of the pots, so they seem to have rooted pretty quickly.

Comment

• Planted out 15 tomatoes. Tomorrow the remaining 7 toms, sweetcorn and courgettes will go out.

Comment

• I'm gradually recovering from one health problem and my mobility is also improving, if very slowly, though at 65 I suppose I shouldn't expect much else. So the garden got more than a bit neglected over the last year! I started in to repair some of the damage today by attacking the bramble which has invaded the raised bed near the back door; I also aim to plant tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse tomorrow. Peas are coming along nicely.

Comment

• Planted out Chard, perpetual spinach. lettuce and coriander.

Comment

• Yesterday I planted some sprouted dwarf french beans in big tubs behind the shed, planted some sprouted snake bean seeds in big pots in the conservatory, sowed another gutter of mangetout peas, and repotted some cape gooseberry plants.

Today I planted out one Australian butter squash plant in the garden, planted 10 sprouted Swift sweetcorn seeds, potted up my last two sweet potato cuttings, planted my remaining 8 pepper plants in tubs of manure/soil mix, and planted two sweet potato plants in big tubs.

Comment

• Potted one cucumber plant into its final pot.
                      This plant was a "cutting", too. Just like my squashes, the fungus gnat ate all the roots. I cut off the damaged part, put it in fresh compost, covered it with a plastic bag cloche, and put it in my heated propagator. A week later, it has good roots and is growing new leaves. Since it had roots growing out of the stem, even above the original compost level (I suspect the high humidity in the plastic bad is what caused that, I decided to pot it straight into its final pot now, burying it deep so that all of those stem roots are now buried.

Comment

• Ameno I've had the same problem with fungus gnats and one of my Cucs I potted up my plant with its now healthy looking roots this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Ameno I've had the same problem with fungus gnats and one of my Cucs I potted up my plant with its now healthy looking roots this afternoon.
                          Not just cucumbers for me. They did a number of 6 squash plants and a melon plant. too.
                          All now seem to be re-rooting and generally starting to recover now, though, having been potted into fresh compost, with a mulch of garden soil on top (fungus gnats are attracted by rotting organic matter, i.e. compost, to lay their eggs, not the plants themselves, so I'm hoping that they will be less inclined to lay their eggs onto soil).

Comment

• Potted up the last of the chitted Swift Sweetcorn and Scarlet Emperor Runners. Now night time temps are finally respectable I need to start planting everything out.
                            All systems are go!!
                            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Potted on some cucumbers into their final homes. Broke the best one. . Turned it into cuttings, but don't expect any results from it.
                              Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Mowed the lawn yesterday & did a lot of weeding getting ready for planting. Today I planted out the first two tomato plants nectar rose & German lunchbox,one with a French marigold & one with a geranium. Planted out more Charlotte potatoes & some Desiree. Sowed three lots of beans,all my plants are spending their first night outside tonight,some in the blowaways & some on the patio. Earthed up the other potatoes & watered them.
                                Last edited by Jungle Jane; 01-06-2021, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X