Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put up my blowaway greenhouse, moved lots of pots about. So much to do!!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds!
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• Planted my maincrop potatoes (Rooster).
      Weeded around the strawberries again (couch grass, bindweed and horse tail sprouting up).

Comment

• Shredded all the woody prunings and broccoli plants I brought home, along with some clumps of grass I pulled up from the garden.
        Now I have a large and very heavy sack of shreddings to take to the allotment.

Comment

• Potted on Kales, sunflowers and nasturtiums then planted out lettuce.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Visited the GC yesterday, came away with a top for Mrs B, 6 duck eggs, pulled pork sausage rolls and a couple of steak pies. Nothing we fancied garden wise.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Potted up 23 tomatoes.

Comment

• Cleaned out some weed and sludgy leaves from pond. Noticed a baby newt , we have them in there each Yr.
                Topped up a little with some clean water.
                Proceeded to weed around pond including runners from a fern like shrub that was taking over. Decided to remove them all including main plant and some big rocks.
                Moved and planted a hellebore.
                Set to weeding out ground elder ugh and brambles/nettles ouch.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Weeded some veg beds, put up a couple of arches for climbers. Sowed some Tithonia.

Comment

• Carried my big sack of shreddings to the allotment. That was pretty back-breaking.

I then dug over the last bean patch and rigged up the first X-frame of canes.

Comment

• Put the sweetcorn to chit, sowed two rows of parsnips and deployed cloches to stop blackbirds turfing out young plants.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I protected my peas & beans today after I sowed them,with a bit of netting to stop any mouse,our cat sees any fabric as a bed so I had to also balance a bit of shelving on top of that,crazy protection from everything planted out the first potatoes,washed some more pots,they’re in the kitchen ready to sow courgette,melon & squash but I’m going shopping soon after I’ve brought the plants indoors might do the sowings tomorrow or Sunday

Comment

• Washed the car, mowed the lawn and got a sunburned back whilst doing it . Thought about all the other jobs I have to do and started a new list...

Comment

• Prepped the greenhouse border ready for tomato planting, garden furniture evicted to make the room, here's hoping for warmer nights.

Comment

• Battled with more ground elder . My trial of covering bed with weed suppressant last yr certainly helped. Once have last bits out (haha as if I havnt missed any) I will re-cover area with extra barrier. It will not beat me .
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Added some canes for support for my Broad Beans, two varieties for a taste testers.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02817.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2523462

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X