X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted a couple of cucs and and aubergines in the GH then put the spare aubergine outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    A few small jobs today. Tied in the new loganberry stems, mulched the tomatoes with comfrey leaves, and set up a short trellis for the sweet potatoes.

Also noticed I have two melons forming already, both around golf-ball sized at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Over the weekend, cleared 3 beds. 2 of them were brassicas, found some bonus broccoli. I forgot to take the netting, so they were minging with greyfly. Hosed them off before clearing.
    Planted out tomatoes, courgettes and NZ Yam, put bean poles by the beans that were growing, put some compost down on one bed.

Watered lots (I have a big blue drum in the plot, I filled it on Sunday morning, by end of day, I was 3/4 empty with the watering can.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Yesterday on the allotment site - cut back a 200ft run of hawthorn hedge (with hand shears) to a height of 6.5ft. Ache a bit today..

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Painted the outside of the big summer house this morning with Creocote, just the corner one to do before the rains arrive on Thursday(allegedly).

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Over the last few days I've finally got round to planting my beans, peas, cucumbers, aubergines, peppers, chillies, cucamelons, sweet peas and now starting on my bedding.
    Still have a huge tray of climbers that are all tangled up and need untwiddling and planting...so behind!!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    More cutting back of stoned fruit trees
    left with loads of branches to shred. Looks like tomorrow will be spent mulching!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on a cuc and made 4 jars of Rhubarb, orange and ginger Jam.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Just planted out four Cyril’s choice tomato plants with three French marigolds in the area where my dahlias aren’t growing this year. Both lots of Pom Pom dahlias aren’t growing so they must’ve had a bad winters cold. Ants are farming aphids like mad on the pear tree instead. Potted up two sweet peppers & a pot of black cherry tomato with French marigold & geranium. These geraniums on the seed packet show either red,pink or white flowers,I’m guessing the ones with red in their leaves are red or pink,the ones with plain green leaves must be white maybe? I don’t want to accidentally plant a red & white one in the same pot?

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Earlier I was cutting back an invasive vine on mums archway. When I got home I sowed two lots of lettuce some in the green little trug & some on the soil near tomatoes & borage,also planted out two honey bear squash,one with the borage & one in the sweetcorn block. When I plant tomatoes I leave the pot next to the plant with the variety name on so I can make a note of where they are,I just lifted one up (next to a geranium that’s been nibbled) there was two snails & a slug hiding in there. One of the marigolds is nearly eaten all up,I can see where there’s snail activity I’ll do a slug/snail hunt tonight

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out my four Australian Butter squashes and my last Red Warty Thing squash.
    Planted out my last melon plant.
    Planted out the last of my french beans.
    Sowed another row of carrots and of beetroot.
    Cut the long grass at the bottom of my plot.

Leave a comment:

• MelanieSW
    replied
    Planted out peas to replace the ones that had been slugged (i.e. pretty much all of them ...)

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Spent the best part of the day digging, raking and clearing out stones and dead wood from the top of the garden at my sons house.
    It was hard work especially as it was so hot. It was well worth the effort as it looks so much better.
    Hoping to get grass in sometime before autumn.e

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted out more lettuce, popped a couple of tom armpits in water, and did the similar with the tops from some basil.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    I sowed a big tub of carrots yesterday & planted the sweetcorn (ovation variety). Put some BFB around then covered with some old compost. The corns planted right next to the runner bean plant that’s appeared from last years plant,I’ll put teepees up soon & plant the other runners in that area when they’ve grown a bit more.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X