X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    Repotted some cape gooseberry plants.
    Transplanted some spring onion seedlings, and then sowed some more in the seedtray they came from.
    Sowed another big tub of carrots.
    Sowed some more dill.
    Potted up my second cucumber in its final tub.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    No much today only weeding the parsnip bed and re-homing self seeded nasturtiums.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Cut the grass, picked some French Breakfast radish, biggest I think I have ever grown, quire impressed.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out another squash plant, and my remaining two watermelons, along with half a dozen dwarf french beans.
    Weeded the carrot and beetroot bed.
    Weeded some horsetail and bindweed from other veg beds.
    Planted out the last two overwintered pepper plants.
    Planted out my two grape cuttings I took in January. They both have decent roots and strong sprouts now.
    Planted 50 or so sprouted chickpeas. Thought I'd give them a go.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Rosemary and bay cuttings having drastically cut back the shrubs

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out some dwarf french beans and lettuce plugs, sowed some more radishes, repotted my peach saplings again. They're pretty sizeable plants now, considering they're only 6 months old.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Strimmed the paths between the beds and did a bit of weeding. Planted out some dwarf French beans - Purple Teepee and Tendergreen. Transplanted some of the extra broad beans I'd planted into the spots in the rows where they either didn't germinate or got dug out by mice. Moved some flower seedlings out of the cold frame and put some herb seedlings into it.

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    Planted out my Galina's Yellow tomatoes with some Naughty Marietta marigolds. Also tidied up my lilac tree by deadheading and cutting out old wood.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted out more lettuce then sown another pinch of lettuce seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Planting flowers , emptying bulb tubs

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Yesterday, planted out squash, outdoor toms and cukes and various flowers (all into the allotment).

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Some plants arrived in the post today, so I planted them out:
    5 sweet potato Erato Purple.
    And two Duck potato plants (a pond plant which produces edible corms), which I have planted in my bathtub pond which I had originally planned for lotuses (the lotuses died).

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    My beans haven’t even germinated yet but some are growing from a previous years plant so I’ll put a teepee there soon. Mowed the front lawn,planted out a few tomatoes,a pepper & a couple French marigolds. Sowed peas & did a bit of weeding. We had a lot of rain yesterday so most of my plants got a good watering but I watered the ones in the blowaway. One of my onions had a flower bud forming so I pinched it off

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Planted out some runner beans (Hestia) and put a short row of sweet peas (Patio mixed) nearby to encourage the bees to visit the beans in the same bed. Both are dwarf varieties as tall ones don't do so well here due to the winds.

Moved two water butts (old Propcorn barrels that were here when we moved in and must have come from one of the farms) and started adding nettles to one of them. Undecided as to whether to add comfrey leaves to the nettle barrel or keep them separate.

Set up another compost heap and started filling it with layers of grass, seaweed etc.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yesterday I planted my Scarlett emperor and Blauhilde beans.

Today potted on a couple of cucs, and aubergines.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X