Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed another row of parsnip as the first one sown 30 March has 3 seedlings showing so I am very hopeful!
    Have sowed them into a drill of seed compost to try and help with germination. Variety guernsey which may or may not be an improvement on the free ones I usually use.
    Also sowed first 2 rows of carrots on the plot. Early Nantes frubund. Covered with a cloche just because I had one handy.

Comment

Yesterday sowed three pots of basil (about ten seeds per pot to thin out once germinated) & eight pots of sweet peas (3 seeds in each pot).

Comment

Sowed courgettes and winter squash, and climbing peas, carrots and nasturtiums on the allotment.

(Question - does everybody get, erm 'interesting' autocorrect suggestions when typing nasturtiums??)

Comment

Potted up my sprouted achocha and Candy Roaster squash seeds.

Comment

Runner bean 'Scarlet Emperor' and Climbing bean 'Blue Lake' in fibre pots on the kitchen windowsill, for planting out next month.
            Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Just sowed some Sweetcorn Sundance in root trainers in the heated propagator, going to be in some trouble if they all grow, there's two dozen of them, as I grow them in the greenhouse, it could well be a jungle in there this year ..............................with a bit of luck.

Comment

Potted up my sprouted Marina di Chioggia and Red Warty Thing squash seeds.
                Put some more Naples Long and Australian Butter squash seeds to sprout, as the first lot seems to be rotting.

Comment

Sowed basil today and more radishes in guttering. The radishes are kept up on a shelf out of harms way from slugs and flea beetle.
                  Typing nasturtiums suggests nasties for me Melanie.. could be worse..
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    Typing nasturtiums suggests nasties for me Melanie.. could be worse..
                    yeah, that's not what I get
                    It's a word I don't think I've ever used in writing (or polite conversation, come to think of it). Starts with M and ends with asturbator ​​​​​​
                    Last edited by MelanieSW; 19-04-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Yep...that's definitely worse than nasties Melanie..
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• My courgette and squash seeds have all come up overnight. The broad beans are looking good too. All but one of my tray of Morning Glory seeds (variety: Split Personality) came up. The one that didn't appear, came up in a tray of tomato seeds.

Comment

• Potted up 15 sprouted sweetcorn seeds.

Comment

• Today sowed sweetcorn ovation & 4 mini munch cucumbers

Comment

• Potted up 2 sprouted Australian Butter squash seeds, and 1 sprouted Red Warty Thing seed.

Also put some more Naples Long squash and cucumber seeds to sprout, as they don't seem to be germinating, and have put some Spagna Bianco seeds to sprout, also.

Comment

• Sowed two rows of parsnip - Gladiator.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X