Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potted up some snow wind mangetout that had been chitted as they were a bit old. Have 4 pots of (hopefully 3) plants each.
    Resowed yellow beetroot in the 3/6 modules where nothing had appeared.
    Sowed more french marigold for the tomatoes.

Comment

Another day of strong winds, snow and hail so I was inside catching up with sowing seeds again. Sowed a few flowers plus these herbs:
      • dill
      • mint
      • basil - lemon, cinnamon and Siam Queen
      • sweet marjoram
      • lemongrass.
      The forecast from Sunday is looking cold but dry and a lot less windy so I'll hopefully be able to get back out into the garden to get on with things.

Comment

Sowed sweetcorn (swift) today will do the rest in 3 weeks to spread it a little. Added them to the pots of crown Prince, uchiki Kuri, cavolo Nero and black beauty courgettes that I sowed the other day. Cavolo Nero coming through already.

Comment

Hoping to get some spinach, cut-and-come-again lettuce and carrots sown, but it's perishing cold out there. So might not. Fingers crossed...
          Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

Comment

Sowed some pre-chitted parsnips. Hope the weather doesn't knock them all off.
            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within site of the Cement factory)

Comment

Managed assorted lettuce and some beetroot yesterday. Today, some ancient French beans and Black Beauty and Soleil courgettes.

Edited to add: also some Valentin lamb's lettuce. Supposedly for sowing in April to August. Hope it's a success. Sow-by date was last year, but I love lamb's lettuce.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-04-2021, 04:39 PM.
              Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

Comment

Sowed salads: mazur , green and red salad bowl, oriental/spicy and rocket
                Last edited by Containergardener; 11-04-2021, 04:28 PM.
                Northern England.

Comment

Today I sowed, Brussel Sprouts, Tuscan Kale, Extra Early PSB, Brokali, Lettuces, Spring Onions, Beetroots, Sage, Curly Parsley and Cumin.
                  Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds!
                  Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Today I sowed some Lyon Leeks

Comment

Yesterday I sowed a row each of carrot, beetroot and black cumin (Nigella) at the allotment.
                      Today I sowed some coriander and dill outside at home, and lettuce, amaranth, spring onions and leeks in pots in my conservatory.

Comment

This afternoon I sowed radishes, scallions and lettuce.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Yesterday I sowed some basil to grow on the windowsill. I sowed it quite thickly as the packet was labelled sow by end of 2016

Some may grow
                          Last edited by mothhawk; 14-04-2021, 07:35 AM.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Yesterday I sowed some basil to grow on the windowsill. I sowed it quite thickly as the packet was labelled sow by end of 2016

Some may grow
                            I did that last year with some old seed and had 42 plants grow.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Put the following seeds on damp kitchen roll to sprout:

-Cucumber La Diva (2)
                              -Achocha Fat Baby (3)
                              -Squash Marina di Chioggia (3)
                              -Squash Australian Butter (4)
                              -Squash Naples Long (3)
                              -Squash Red Warty Thing (3)
                              -Squash Georgia Candy Roaster (2)

Comment

Sowed Maskotka Toms.
                                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds!
                                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X