2019 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runtpuppy View Post
    Seeds have been ordered. Are they special needs or do I just stick them in damp soil and wait?
    They are actually quite easy to grow, VC grows them
    Last edited by rary; 07-03-2019, 12:58 PM.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      I'm in.
      Trying a different variety this year. Can't remember the Name , I'll dig the packet out later and find out.
      Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      count me in,i still got the big snake to carve up,the hens like it,
      Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
      I still got 2 to use up - I might chop one up and add to a marmalade batch. I did have an awful lot of squash generally, because of the good weather, but will still be growing as many this year.

So yes, I'll play but still haven't found the camera connecting lead - so I'll just have to find another way to get pictures here or visit PC World LOL.......
      Originally posted by rary View Post
      You're all in - even rary. though he hasn't said so

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
        I laughed out loud!

Comment

I’m in! I loved this thread last year!!

Comment

I'm in
            Trying a different variety this year. Can't remember the Name , I'll dig the packet out later and find out.
            Found it. I'm growing Tromboncino d'albenga.

Comment

I was thinking about trying it, but I see there is someone with a name quite similar and if I enter it may lead to confusion, after all he may not add the old part of his name when corresponding and lets face it, there is no way, could it be applied to a young man like me
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

That's the one I grew last year SP - beautiful

They start off with white flesh and quite firm - really good for roasting.

When mature, they go deep orange inside and so sweet, strong smell of melon.
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

And, of course.. I'm in! I was a bit disappointed not to see my name on that list automatically lol I've saved seeds

Comment

Still time for me to join in this one?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
                      Still time for me to join in this one?
                      Plenty of time - they can't be planted out until May lol

Comment

There's only one person I'd add to this list without his say-so - and that's Old rary - as we all know how well he did last year with his big dangly one and that he won't be able to resist showing off again this year.

........and, you're in, Sarriss.

Comment

Found it. I'm growing Tromboncino d'albenga.
                          Same as me

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            There's only one person I'd add to this list without his say-so - and that's Old rary - as we all know how well he did last year with his big dangly one and that he won't be able to resist showing off again this year.
                            It wasn't dangly, it was firm and held well, and by the way I have sowed some seeds from it and if they grow up as hard and long as it was I will be well pleased, but please VC do not be disappointed just because you can't get your hands on it

Comment

And we will have less of the old, I am not old I am just a mature teenager
                              Last edited by rary; 08-03-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

My attempt went pear-shaped (rather than snake-shaped!) last year due to bad organisation on my part

But for 2019......I'm in!
                                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X