No announcement yet.

2019 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my role as the defender of rarys innocence one of my first actions is not to type in my initial response to what VC said!!
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Seeds are here! Do I plant them now or wait a couple of weeks?

Comment

^^^^^ What is the last date you would expect frost in your area
        Last edited by rary; 11-03-2019, 03:41 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

A quick search tells me that the last frost is expected to be in the second week of April.

Comment

I was trying to think of reasons to wait to sow trombos now........

... but I can't think of a single one. I'm sowing mine tomorrow LOL
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Runtpuppy View Post
              A quick search tells me that the last frost is expected to be in the second week of April.
              With a date like that I would sow now, though the will not be ready to go out by then you will be able to put them out as soon as they are ready, and I would recommend that you find the warmest part of your garden or plot to grow them as they seem to like the heat
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Just googled last frost date for Alnwick and it's second week of May That's AAAAAGES away!!!! Don't think I'll be sowing my trombos before April 1st.
                If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Aparrently the same here,second week may,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

1 question please VC.
                    What are we trying to achieve with these Trombos?
                    Feed the soil, not the plants.
                    (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
                    Bob

Comment

Last year it was to grow the Funniest Amusing Ridiculous Tromba on the Vine and to have a giggle along the way.
                      There were some whoppers and contorted ones and some puny specimens that shouldn't have left their mothers.
                      Photos in the Tromba Gallery at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_98089.html

Comment

I've sowed mine today - 6 self saved seeds (I'm thinking some of them might not germinate) and three bought seeds. That should be more than enough
                        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fishpond View Post
                          1 question please VC.
                          What are we trying to achieve with these Trombos?
                          I know you are asking VC the question, but there comes a time when us young folk should give assistance, and as VC has shown its to see who can grow the Funniest, Ammusing, Ridiculous Tromba, but after growing them last year I do hope I can grow them again as for me they are far better than the normal run of the mill courgettes, they taste better and if you have a big one it can be consumed over several weeks and they store well I harvested one in August stored it in a cool room and used some of it to make a soup for Christmas what was left was used over the following weeks in stir fries, they can be cut and they don't go mushie as they self seal, I found it to be a very good veg to grow

Comment

Rary, you make it sound as if its sensible to grow Trombas - and "sensible" is not my style.

A little anecdote for you...............I bought a suit for the office once - it was navy blue and I thought it was quite smart. My husband looked at it and, clearly lost for anything nice to say, said "It's very sensible". I took it straight back to the shop.

Comment

Count me in I'll grow some this year

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Rary, you make it sound as if its sensible to grow Trombas - and "sensible" is not my style.

A little anecdote for you...............I bought a suit for the office once - it was navy blue and I thought it was quite smart. My husband looked at it and, clearly lost for anything nice to say, said "It's very sensible". I took it straight back to the shop.
                                I can understand that VC, I am quite sure everyone knows, like me, that you don't do sensible but then I wouldn't try to change that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X