No announcement yet.

Growing some early tomatoes - 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping to keep one plant of each - so that's only 9 and they'll fit on the shelf in the GH (and the bedroom windowsill beforehand).

Now stop chattering and sow those seeds.

Comment

It's so cold out....trying to dig some dahlias up but the ground is a bit cold.

Comment

Just fill a pot with compost and go inside in the warm.....................then sow those seeds and stop making excuses.

Comment

I have sowed red robin and micro tom,and i am trying them out in the my hydroponic thing too.
          SP what food are you using in yours.

Comment

I'm sowing chilis, tomatoes and a few cucumbers next weekend. Or maybe in the week, if I get time to move the pasting table behind my dressing table in my bedroom. It gets the most light and the most warmth in the house, so perfect for starting seed.
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sowed my 2 Shirleys yesterday.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

And Rotkappchen Also known as “Red Riding Hood”.and that it for now

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Sown 2nd January.
                  Germinated 6th January -
                  Bajaja 2
                  Vilma 1
                  and there are signs of more on the way.
                  5 out of 9 varieties are through now.

Its my morning treat - to see how many more have come through.
                  Little things!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                    I have sowed red robin and micro tom,and i am trying them out in the my hydroponic thing too.
                    SP what food are you using in yours.
                    Växer ? The feed ikea sell for their hydroponic set up. 4ml to 1lt of water.
                    We will have to compare notes . Mine haven't germinated yet. But they're looking fat
                    Last edited by Small pumpkin; 07-01-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

My first micro Tom has germinated ( the one I'm growing in compost ).

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifesBrassicas View Post
                        how do you make your pots?
                        For seedlings, a 7cm wide strip of tabloid newspaper like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0typrMNQIJE

For bigger plants,a sheet of broadsheet folded into 3 lenghthways and wrapped round a glass cordial bottle ( very similar to above videoclip - just be sure the bottle is not wider at it’s base or you can’t remove the finished pot).

Comment

Originally posted by toomanytommytoes View Post
                          Just noticed Real Seed have a new variety called 'House Tomato'. Anyone heard of it before?

Bush Tomato Seeds to buy in the UK from The Real Seed Catalogue
                          I liked the sound of this TTT, but not so keen when I realised there was a minimum order of about £6, ex postage....

Instead, bought a 75p packet of Red Cherry in Wilkos this afternoon. Hope to sow on Saturday. Fingers crossed for some tomatoes in June.
                          Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            5 out of 9 varieties are through now.

Its my morning treat - to see how many more have come through.
                            Little things!!
                            6 out of 9 have germinated and I have 9 seedlings that move to the windowsill during the day.

Comment

OMG! I haven't done mine yet.... tomorrow

Comment

You said that a couple of days ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X