Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandarin

I've not heard of Manderin tomatoes
    I'm not surprised! As a beginner I wanted to stick to something ordinary but the Director of Gardening was keen on growing something interesting
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
      First time growing tomatoes. Sowed 28th Feb in heated propagator and grown in greenhouse bed warmed by heating cables.
      Due to inexperience I have no idea how close these are to being ripe but would welcome estimates.
      Manderin Tomatoes.
      my guesstimate is 10 days

Comment

• Thanks nick

I'll tell the boss...
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Probably the entire tomato will turn light green (the colour at the bottom of the fruit) then it will ripen to orange.
          I'll say 14 days as I don't want to copy Nickdub.

Comment

• Excitement is mounting

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Probably the entire tomato will turn light green (the colour at the bottom of the fruit) then it will ripen to orange.
            Getting excited here at quanglewangle towers

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Probably the entire tomato will turn light green (the colour at the bottom of the fruit) then it will ripen to orange.
              You are probably betting on the winning side there VC, I do tend to underestimate things like this - as it is the weather etc are unpredictable factors, so even if I knew how things go with this variety (which I don't) all you can ever do is give a rough estimate

Comment

• veggiechicken said:
                Probably the entire tomato will turn light green
                and sure enough the light green is spreading up from the bottom just as predicted. Nearly at the top.

This BB is quite unusual in my experience, in that its members seem to know what they are talking about. Very refreshing.

Comment

• You must have caught me on a good day - most of the time I make it up as I go along.

...........Now its your chance to get it right, what does "BB" mean please?

Comment

• Oops..

Er,,, Bulletin Board. Sorry.

Comment

veggiechicken said:

and sure enough the light green is spreading up from the bottom just as predicted. Nearly at the top.

This BB is quite unusual in my experience, in that its members seem to know what they are talking about. Very refreshing.
                      I don't, but the rest of them really do Wonderful lot of people here
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• its a rollover....

On 26 June, 27 days ago, IIRC veggiechicken called 14 days and nickdub 10 days to ripe on my tomatoes.

Here is the first ripe one (it's an orange variety):

Comment

• Has the DoG eaten it now?

Comment

• There are a number of secret ceremonies to be undertaken first

Comment

On 26 June, 27 days ago, IIRC veggiechicken called 14 days and nickdub 10 days to ripe on my tomatoes.

Here is the first ripe one (it's an orange variety):
                              Good things come to those who wait
                              Last edited by It never rains..it pours; 23-07-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Started picking this week, just a couple of 'black cherry' toms with signs the others may soon follow. Again it's the outdoor plants beating the greenhouse examples. All the plants got a bit leggy between potting on and going in the ground so the first truss is about 18"-24" up from the surface. We started soon enough but the weather prevented successful early flowers and setting, thats my excuse anyway.
                                Now to enjoy them and plan for next years start.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X