Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Duvy View Post
    Hi all,

Are these labelled at those prices or do you have to take them to the till and ask the price?
    They were labelled up as those prices.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Sorry for being rude...............Thank again Rhys for the heads up.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Thanks Mally & Rhys, will be off to my local B&Q on the hunt after work

Comment

• I failed on the hunt the GH Challenge but couldn't come away empty-handed, so I bought a GH base for £5 and I'm going to try it as a "raised" bed edge. It's only 5" so it'll be more of an edged bed
          Should have bought 2 and had a 10" high bed. At £10, it'd be cheaper than buying the wood and maintenance free.
          Better unpack it first before I get carried away and rush out for more

Comment

• Hi VC,

I saw these online, very cheap decking, going to go collect 20 later and make some raised beds on my plot

Wickes Value Deck Board 25 x 120mm x 1.8m | Wickes.co.uk

Plans for year;

Complete chicken coop - and get chickens
            Make raised beds
            Put up poly-tunnel
            Make the plot look aesthetically pleasing (doubt i will have time, far too much to do!)

Comment

• has anyone had any luck finding glass for these?

Comment

• Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
                The member of staff I spoke to said that they are on clearance nationally because they are stopping selling them in-store. Apparently they take up too much space and it is better for B&Q to deliver them the next day than stock them in the stores. So this will be the last chance to pick up a cheap greenhouse in B&Q as you won't be able to buy them in store when they've gone.
                I was told that they're no longer stocking glass GHs as there was so much breakage but they're going to stock a new line of GHs. Who knows

Comment

• I managed to get a frame and base but no glass

Comment

• Originally posted by gardengeordie View Post
                    I managed to get a frame and base but no glass
                    Don't know which greenhouse you got but mine is polycarbonate not glass. I've emailed palram to ask if they can supply the glazing but I suspect it will be pricey and I will end up using stock polycarbonate sheets. I thought it worth asking them first though before I decide, perhaps you could email the manufacturer or B&Q to ask about the availability of glazing?
                    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

• I don't think anyone has managed to get the glazing packs, GG, unless they were in at the start of the sell-off.
                      However, even if you have to buy glass or polycarb, it'll still be cheaper than buying a complete GH.

Comment

• I think staff kept polycorb ones aside, they got glazing as well. I talked to specific person at b&q. said greenhouses on sale need horticulture glass.

glass panels were on sale for several months before , never thought they would be useful
                        Last edited by Elfeda; 23-02-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• this one says not suitable for polycarbonate, so will try and get prices for glass, unless its just because it needs extra bracing

Comment

• Originally posted by gardengeordie View Post
                            this one says not suitable for polycarbonate, so will try and get prices for glass, unless its just because it needs extra bracing
                            I don't know why it is unsuitable for Polycarb as they are using bog standard w clips..................

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              I don't know why it is unsuitable for Polycarb as they are using bog standard w clips..................
                              wonder if its just because it wont be as stable nothing a bit of extra bracing wont sort, and atleast it can be cut down to suite

Comment

• The good news is...........I've bought a 6x4 GH
                                I reckon I need 15 sheets of polycarb to "glaze" it so I've ordered 2 packs of 4mm Polycarbonate Greenhouse Glass Replacement Sheets, 10 of 2ft x 4ft, + Tape | eBay with Free tape
                                I can use the surplus sheets in a coldframe that's knocking around.

So, I am your guineapig. Most of the GH has already been assembled, and the polycarb should be here next week. I'll let you know if it fits!

BTW the back page of the instructions refers to using glass or polycarb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X