Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TThat's another BnQ cleaned out of GH bases for edged beds
    Three 8x6 and two 6x6.
    Also picked up 2 fruit cage kits @ £6 each.
    Happy days

Comment

• haha i bought another 2 6x6 bases today ideal for raised beds need more though :-)

I collected the glass today pack 4 has one of the packs is smashed but hopefully will be able to save some of the sheets,
      4 x 610 x 544
      1 x 610 x 467
      1 x 610 x 229
      2 x 610 x 234 x 20

pack 3 contains
      6 x 610 x 610
      2 x 610 x 544

I bought enough 610 x 610 to finish it and will just require some of the shaped pieces i think

Comment

• Nice one GG.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Managed to get a 6x6 with base, no glazing packs left but fortunately work in a picture framers. Thanks for the info on the cheap greenhouses.

Comment

• Good luck Ross but picture frame glass won't last long in a greenhouse.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• We use 2/3/4 mm so hoping if I use the thicker stuff it should be alright

Comment

• I was talking to one of the staff in B & Q this afternoon and she said the reason they were selling off all the greenhouses is because they are discontinuing stocking them and will only sell them on line in the future.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^^^ That's what they told me too, bramble. The glass was being broken in store/or delivery so from now on they'll only sell them online and deliver them direct to the customer.
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-02-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossAllan View Post
                    We use 2/3/4 mm so hoping if I use the thicker stuff it should be alright
                    That's great........Greenhouses normally use 3mm Horticultural Glass or Toughened Glass..........4mm may not take the z clips.
                    Last edited by Bigmallly; 28-02-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      I don't know why it is unsuitable for Polycarb as they are using bog standard w clips..................
                      I know the answer because I had a problem with it. I bought a greenhouse at home polycabornate off gum tree and after 1year I put it up said no suitable for polycarbonate. What that mean that the polycarbonate pack that sell at b&q are specially designed for they polycarbonate greenhouse. I tried to adapt them on my greenhouse but fail big time few time. So now I bought the standard 2x4 twin wall 4mm polycarbonate and is perfect. This twin wall one are a replacement for the glass so no problem with that greenhouse.

Comment

• Just to clarify:

They sell 3 types of Greenhouse.

1) 3mm Glass -

2) Polycarb (Single Moulded Panels) -

3) 4mm Twin Wall Polycarb -

Therefore:

When they state "Not suitable for Polycarb" I assume they are not suitable for the single moulded Polycarb panels as they slide down channels in the frame & are not held in with w clips. Both 3mm Glass & 4mm Twin Wall Polycarb greenhouses are both held in with w clips therefore 4mm Twin Wall Polycarb is suitable for their glass greenhouses.

Comment

• Exactly bigmally. Is what I tried to say but not very clear. Glass frame or 4mm polycarbonate frame are the same.

Comment

• The GH's I bought in last year's clearance were BM's No 2 (moulded polycarb). BnQ had these on sale again t'other day!
                            This year its BM's No1s (glass) that can be turned into No 3's using twinwall polycarb.
                            Confusing, innit

Comment

• yes, No2 green houses are not included for sale at the moment, since they got glazing included.

I wonder how much it could cost for 6x18 green house glazing, If I have to buy twinwall polycorb.

Comment

• Do you mean a 6 x8 or a 6 x 18 (joining 3 together and having only one door?

If its 3 joined together you probably need about 45 panels (somebody check my estimate please!).
                                I'm buying from this company 4mm Polycarbonate Greenhouse Glass Replacement Sheets, 10 of 2ft x 4ft, + Tape | eBay who sell it in packs of 10 - so you need 5 packs which would cost £160 + £7.95 P&P.

Other retailers are available and you need to do your own calculation of how much you need. Mine's just a back of the envelope job.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X