Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
    spamvindaloo,

Please update me as well when you sort about glazing. me dumbo, but bought as much of frames.
    are they suitable for polycorb only or can I go for glass as well!
    Elfeda, which one did you buy? I bought a Verve greenhouse last year and the instructions were very clear that it was not suitable for either glass or twinwall polycarbonate. The glazing panels are moulded plastic.

This might not be relevant, depending on which one you bought, but I'd hate to see you shell out for something that might not work with the frame you have.
    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Not entirely sure what mine say on the box other than polycarbonate I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'm probably going to use 4mm twin wall polycarbonate anyway even if I have to bodge it but wouldn't recommend this method to others...
      Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

• sparrow,

I went to buy verve..but found 'silverline aluminium' 8x6, 'greenline aluminium' 6x6

the sale reciept dint mention much than this. I requested for delivery.actually bought 3 6x6 green aluminium frames, 1 8x6 silverline, 2 mini lean to 4x2 with plastic .. 3 green ones to set at home..and 8x6 for allotment.

I wonder how much/many glazing sheets should buy for each size ..and if there is an effective way to join 3 6x6 at home.. not in hurry to erect all at one go though.
        Last edited by Elfeda; 21-02-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Saw these the other day, but not sure where I would put another Greenhouse since I use one at home, one down my nan and granddads and one on the Allotment soo decided to put the money on improving my Polytunnel instead :P
          Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

• Hmm, I've got an 8x20 and an 8x12 but I can't wait for 8am when my nearest B&Q opens, I'd love a walk in brassica cage

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
              .....and if there is an effective way to join 3 6x6 at home.. not in hurry to erect all at one go though.
              I joined 3 8x6 GH frames together - its all on the other thread - with photos!

Comment

• ^^^^that happens here Sally I'm rubbish at DIY

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Hmm, I've got an 8x20 and an 8x12 but I can't wait for 8am when my nearest B&Q opens, I'd love a walk in brassica cage
                  I may need to have a look too Good hunting, Scarlet

Comment

• I'd love to do that VC...fingers crossed for tomorrow am

Comment

• phone call going to mum, but i do not know what i will do with it
                      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• I've phoned round my nearest ones - no glazing anywhere and only a few frames. I wonder how long it's been going on for. Might see if I can get a couple of frames for a walk-in cage - two 6x6s would be pretty useful fastened together.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• No glazing packs here either.
                          Lots of bases in stock, but not the frames!
                          Going off hunting now!
                          Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Well that was an interesting morning..............

Picked up:
                            1 6x6 green (without base) @ £25
                            1 6x6 green base @ £5
                            2 6x4 green with bases @ £25 each
                            1 6x4 aluminium with base @ £15

So once joined together & covered in netting I should have a 18'x6' cage for £95..................
                            Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-02-2016, 12:06 PM.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Hi all,

Are these labelled at those prices or do you have to take them to the till and ask the price?

Comment

• Just had a change of plan. As I already have 2 netted polytunnels I'm gonna erect the greenhouses, join them together & leave them uncovered as a double Munty frame for growing squashes, Beans, Peas etc.
                                It will also save a lot of work covering it with netting.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X