Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&Q Verve 6x8 Polycarbonate Greenhouse In Store - Cheap!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Really grateful to you Rhys for the headsup.
    Just been planting brassicas in my 24' brassica cage (3 x GH frames)
    Are you enjoying yours?

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Didn't get one!

Leave a comment:

• rhyswales
    replied
    A while since I been back, been working really long hours and not had much time. Hope everyone is enjoying their new greenhouses

Leave a comment:

• skeggijon
    replied
    Thought it was too good to be true lol. I'll stick with my original plan.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by gardening_gal View Post
    just gone back and got it for £30. Last one, tatty box but intact. Glazing required was 2 pack of no.2 @£35 each and 1 pack of no.4 @ £25, so a total of £95 for glazing.

I was too tight to pay that, lol. I'll either improvise with polytunnel sheeting or i'll use it with mesh as a fruit cage.

Btw, it wont take polycarbonate, only horticultural glass.
    Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
    can anyone tell me how many glass packs i need for the 4 x 6 greenhouse? I was going to use both my £10 bargains as brassica cages, but our local b & q has finally reduced the price of their number 2 glass packs to £30
    :d.......................

Leave a comment:

• skeggijon
    replied
    Can anyone tell me how many glass packs I need for the 4 x 6 greenhouse? I was going to use both my £10 bargains as brassica cages, but our local B & Q has finally reduced the price of their number 2 glass packs to £30

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
    Do you do all this by yourself VC or do you 'get a man in'. If you are doing yourself, get yer coat and pack your case, you're going on holiday. I've got just one 6 x 4 to put up. 
    I "got a man in", NS. My GH building skills are limited to passing the nuts and bolts, and even then, I get them confused

Originally posted by chris View Post
    I'm guessing she sat on someone's shoulders to get up to the apex

VC - looks great, when can I pop over to nose?
    Anytime you like Chris - always pleased to have a laugh with you

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    I'm guessing she sat on someone's shoulders to get up to the apex

VC - looks great, when can I pop over to nose?

Leave a comment:

• Nannysally99
    replied
    Do you do all this by yourself VC or do you 'get a man in'. If you are doing yourself, get yer coat and pack your case, you're going on holiday. I've got just one 6 x 4 to put up. 😃

Leave a comment:

• Strawberry patch
    replied
    Looks fantastic VC

Leave a comment:

• gardening_gal
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post

Some bits of leftover frame (2 short lengths that brace the back of the GH) have been attached over the gripper using the same method as before!
    Just the job. I'm really very impressed. Thanks for the pics and the info.

You've got plants in there already?

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    How did you fix the gripper to the frame VC?
    Cut gripper to size, hold it to the frame, drill holes through gripper and frame and attach with self-tapping screws

My only slight concern is that the gripper will rot fairly quickly?
    Some bits of leftover frame (2 short lengths that brace the back of the GH) have been attached over the gripper using the same method as before!

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    I think you can get aluminium gripper strips, I have a vague memory of seeing these somewhere. I think. Of course I could just be making that up and my mind has just decided those would be a good idea therefore making them real. I must go check.
    Cheapest 8ft length I could find but they are gold:

Wickes Carpet Trim Strip Gold 2400mm | Wickes.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Wow,You done a good job there VC,that's the best of them all the same size,they join as one,that's something i cannot do with my two,

Leave a comment:

• gardening_gal
    replied
    Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    J
    The netting has been attached to the frame with carpet gripper It holds the netting in place on those little spikes. For the record, you can stretch a 10' wide piece of netting to 12' - so it only took 2 widths to cover the frame.
    How did you fix the gripper to the frame VC?

It looks fantastic, I would be delighted to have that. I am going to copy you. Yes indeedy.

My only slight concern is that the gripper will rot fairly quickly? I think you can get aluminium gripper strips, I have a vague memory of seeing these somewhere. I think. Of course I could just be making that up and my mind has just decided those would be a good idea therefore making them real. I must go check.

Very, very good job.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X