No announcement yet.

Chance for a free greenhouse!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mrs D.! I have sent you a PM. The glass will not be a problem I just need the correct sizes.
    [

Comment

If you get a greenhouse but no glass just net it great fruit cage!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
        Hi Mrs D.! I have sent you a PM. The glass will not be a problem I just need the correct sizes.
        Thanks LJ, PM replied to, thats a darn good price, many thanks and we will take you up on the offer!

Originally posted by ugly gourd View Post
        If you get a greenhouse but no glass just net it great fruit cage!!
        Genius!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!!! I was thinking of using thickish branches to make a fruit cage, as our strawbs and rasps have been hit hard by the local birdies, and the price of commercial ones is a bit steep, but thats such a good idea I may have to try it! Wonder where I can get some more greenhouses without glass!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I agree Mrs D; brilliant idea Ugly Gourd. My brother in law has a 10 x 8 greenhouse with no glass that he doesn't want and I can have if I take it away; will be seeing him tomorrow and the GH will be mentioned; I'm going to need some form of fruit cage next year; problem solved
          Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Actually I meant to mention this last week, as I saw a polytunnel here covered in wind break fabric. Heck of alot easier than putting on plastic and probably very effective for the summer months.
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

The greenhouse cum fruit cage arrives next week; all I have to do now is arrange a couple of days off work so I can erect it
              Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Good luck skegblade! Putting the frame back together wasnt too hard on the one we got, it was the cleaning and glazing that seemed to take forever, so if not glazing it shouldnt be too bad! Hope you get some good weather to get it up! (Oooer missus!)

We are hoping to get the roof glass and finish erecting it on Tuesday, assuming the weather is not too bad! I dont mind working in the rain, but not when it means raising your arms above your head, cant abide water running down my sleeves and inside my coat!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Went to get the glass for the greenhouse roof today, from LJ's OH at Nova glass in Altrincham, got there, asked for the greenhouse glass for Mr and Mrs Read, only to be told nope, nothing doing! We do however have some greenhouse glass for Mr Lee Dobby!!

LJ, that had us laughing our socks off for about an hour! Anyhows, glass got, a slow drive back to the lottie and finally finished glazing it at 7pm tonight! Tis fun trying to fit the last run of panes when its gone dark! Challenging, but its finally done! Just a shame we finished so late, as I couldnt take a piccy to show you all! Ah well, on holiday next week, so will get some piccies then!

Many thanks LJ for the help, and say thanks to your OH for the good price! It was really appreciated!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

You are welcome Mrs D.!
                    [

Comment

Mrs D - you MUST give us a picture after all the stories. It is a FAMOUS greenhouse.
                      ~
                      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Lol Jennie, the camera was in the car with us, but it doesnt have a flash, so you wouldnt have seen anything if we'd tried taking any piccies! It was really dark by the time we finished, so I cant wait myself to see it in daylight in all its glory! lol! Promise I'll get some piccies up next time we are down there, hopefully that will be this weekend, but Mr D's folks are coming to stay for a couple of days from Hull, then when they go home my Mum is coming over from Corfu for a few days! We've a weeks hols booked, and all we want to do is get down to the plot and finish getting it cleared, yet it looks like we are going to be swamped with visitors! D'oh!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Piccies of the 'famous' greenhouse, at last!

Hi gang, well, finally got the door on the greenhouse, and managed to get a couple of pics of the finished article, 10' by 8' total cost approx £67 inc glass, fixings and all clips! Not too bad methinks as a new one that size is somewhat over £500!!!

Anyhows, as requested piccies below!
                          Attached Files
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Looks great Mrs D. And the plot looks great too. You have both worked extremely hard and should be proud of yourselves.
                            Bright Blessings
                            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Thanks EB, we've set ourselves the challenge of clearing the biggest bed tomorrow, both on hols this week, so going to have a big push and get as much done as we can! The bed we plan on doing tomorrow is only 3 meters wide by about 16 meters long, hubby has bet me we cant do it, the loser gets to give the winner a massage! Mr D knows when I put my mind to it nothing will stop me (methinks I may take my headtorch with me, just incase it gets dark! lol!), so he's onto a loser unless it rains (which he is hoping for! lol!)
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Sounds like a case of ulterior motive if you ask me.
                                Bright Blessings
                                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X