X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done to you. You do realise that an 8' x 10' won't be big enough soon
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

You are always so positive and encouraging Nick. It's a bit like second lottie syndrome I suppose although I have no real experience only having a growhouse.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

I know from bitter experience Earthbabe

I started with 8'x6' ran out of room
        added 8'x4' coldframe ran out of room
        added 12'x3' coldframe ran out of room
        bought a 12'x8' greenhouse ran out of room
        put my old one back up running out of room

20'x10' polytunnel next addition next year I think
        ntg

Comment

Well done Mrs Dobby, it will be well worth it in the end and a great story to tell in the future. Good luck though, the hard part is yet to come, putting it all back together again.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Sorry Mr D! It was my OH who took mine down, transported it home and put it back together! I just held things in place while he put it together - and it was pouring with rain, bless! DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
              It sounds like a worthwhile day Mr & Mrs D! Just got visions of Mr D with no belt around his trousers! (sorry!)
              Despite having an estate car, we picked up my large bench on the sunday and strapped it to the roof - needless to say we came back to Preston from Cleveleys via the A class roads - and yes, quite slowly! well worth it though!
              Have fun putting it back together again! DDL
              It was funny DDL trying to lift in onto the roof of the Panda watching Mr Dobbys pants slide further down his hips!! Just wish they had fallen down and I'd had the camera to hand! lol!

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
              well done to you. You do realise that an 8' x 10' won't be big enough soon
              Yep, already told Mr D that nick! He recons it'll be fine, I on the other hand have huge plans for the greenhouse, today, the greenhouse, tomorrow the world! Mwhaahaa!!

Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Well done Mrs Dobby, it will be well worth it in the end and a great story to tell in the future. Good luck though, the hard part is yet to come, putting it all back together again.
              Thanks Bramble! We are looking forwards to getting it back together, have laid it all out in the right order already, so it shouldnt be too bad, but I guess its going to be more of a challenge than we anticipate!

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
              Sorry Mr D! It was my OH who took mine down, transported it home and put it back together! I just held things in place while he put it together - and it was pouring with rain, bless! DDL
              Lol DDL! Does he want to come and help then DDL?

Mr D had a huge silly grin on his face all last night, thinking of his new greenhouse and the fact he got it for nowt! Can you guess he's originally a Yorkshireman?? LOL!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

i nearly had a 8x10 greenhouse on wedensday its was in the free ads in our local paper i got the paper at 12 noon rang the ad at 12.05 and it had gone next one has my name on it
                PRESTON NORTH END
                xbox gamertag billybobs
                add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Sorry to hear you missed out DinkyDoo! I hope you have better luck next time!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

I loved your story of the greenhouse Mrs D - you will have such wonderful memories for year's to come of how you got it to the allotment. It was an real LOL story!

Reminds me of when we got a 24 foot mast home down the A13 (on the roof of a Renault 4). The fine was cheaper than the delivery price !
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Very funny Mrs D!

I reckon my OH would help, but working in retail at this time of year ie. Christmas, he's already working every hour God sends and it's not enough!

We were due to go to a 21st party tonight, but had to cancel because he's having to work late because his staff are off sick! Bless!

Good luck with the greenhouse! DDL
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Well, the greenhouse frame is back up, base of concrete plinths laid, and just as we started glazing it the site admin came and advised us to move it back a couple of feet, as the grass cutters may just catch it on their way past, so had to spend a couple of hours moving it back!

Its bow resited, and we've begun glazing it! The frame went back together easy enough, but cleaning the glass and refitting is a right pain in the behind! Hopefully we'll get it finished this week and then know how much glass and what sizes we need to buy!

Mr D nade the mistake of leaning his cleaned glass against a stool, guess what, stool went over and 3 panes broken, tho think we will be able to use them anyhows!

Overall its going well, just taking far too long to do!
                        Blessings
                        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Hang on in there Mrs D it will be worth it in the long run. When its all fixed up and you are using it this time next year you'll have forgotton all the trouble you gad getting it erected.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Erections always the tricky part Mrs D

My greenhouse is about 9ft 6in in the centre & my steps are only 4ft so I won't tell you how I managd that one
                            ntg

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Hang on in there Mrs D it will be worth it in the long run. When its all fixed up and you are using it this time next year you'll have forgotton all the trouble you gad getting it erected.
                              Thanks Bramble, those words really brought home to us just how much we are gonna enjoy using it! Sometimes a word or two is enough to really bring home what we are going to acchieve with it, and you just made it all come to life for us, so yes, it is a bind doing it now, but it will deffo be well worth it!

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                              Erections always the tricky part Mrs D

My greenhouse is about 9ft 6in in the centre & my steps are only 4ft so I won't tell you how I managd that one
                              Lol Nick! I should have known you'd reply with something about erections! lol!

Sounds like yours was a bit of a stretch in putting up Nick! Fortunately we have an aluminium step thingy thats about 3' long and 2' tall, so havent got to move it too often, makes life much easier! (Originally it was bought to get into the back of our old ex army landrover when filling it for camping trips, and does make an excellent and very stable table for camping too!)
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
                                Give me the sizes of the panes of glass that need replacing and how many there are. My OH works in a glass factory so he will get you a good price.
                                LJ, I noticed in another thread you arent too far away from us, and remembering the kind offer of the glass thought I'd just say Hi! We've almost got the greenhouse complete apart from the glass that is missing, which I need to calculate and measure, hopefully tomorrow, so will give you a shout then if thats ok? I think its standard 2' square glass panels that we are short of, and probably about 20 or so of them, but Mr D was down there yesterday fitting the glass, so I dont know if his estimates are anywhere near right, so will check them tomorrow! We have been told by the other plotholders to go to Altrincham Glass as they are quite cheap and do give a little discount to Partington Allotmenteers, so am gonna try them for a price anyhows, and hpefully your OH will be cheaper and we can sort something out!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X