Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is Planetologists swap and I am a few weeks shy of November but I am suffering from itchy seed saving syndrome and was just after an idea of how many peeps are intending to join

Norfolkgrey : Pretty in purple chilli, parsley pea and cue perfection hopefully
    Elfeda: any of tom, chilli, aub, dfb.
    Scarlet: lemon drop chilli and a bean
    Planetologist: parsnip, carrot and babbinting leeks
    Veggiechicken: Minnestota Midget melon and Bijou mangetout.
    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 10-10-2015, 06:35 AM.

Comment

I am in.

I have tomato and chilli seeds ready to pack , and ripened one aubergine. have dwarf frenchbeans plants left for seeds. got few parsnip seeds of unknown variety ( from the previous owners of allotment) if any one interested

Comment

Am sitting out this year - am already running a biggish seed circle elsewhere, am in the toms circle on here, plus have had the lovely extra VSP seeds from the Show entries. Much as I (really) hate saying it, I have found my seed limits...
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I've got lemon drop chilli, and probably a bean.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
            Am sitting out this year - am already running a biggish seed circle elsewhere, am in the toms circle on here, plus have had the lovely extra VSP seeds from the Show entries. Much as I (really) hate saying it, I have found my seed limits...
            Porkies
            You just keep telling yaself that

Comment

Am sitting out this year ........... Much as I (really) hate saying it, I have found my seed limits...
              Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
              Porkies
              You just keep telling yaself that
              Hahahahahahaha There's no such thing as "seed limits"

Comment

No, I'd have needed to know what was likely going in earlier to tempt me into putting more seed aside at this end. I'll only have a few extras this year. Not enough for a whole other circle. I do realise I will see something I crave on this thread fairly soon...:S

Comment

Thanks Norfolkgrey. I've got carrot and parsnip seeds and babbington leek bulbils.

Comment

I have Minnesota Midget melons and Bijou mangetout.

Comment

I'll only have a few extras this year. Not enough for a whole other circle. I do realise I will see something I crave on this thread fairly soon...:S
                      we do not know how big is this circle sparrow, just send what ever you can spare to VC, rather to spend on postage for many seed circles. and you get back your with your show seeds of 10 packs...hmm donno what VC thinks of it actually! though it is only for few occations like this.

Comment

Elfeda, Seed Circles are different to the VSP.
                        All the seeds in a Circle are saved by the members and shared within the circle. If there are 10 members who each save 2 types of seeds you'll have 18 types of seed back from the circle. They are all open pollinated seeds, many of them are unusual or heritage varieties.
                        Its still only a couple of stamps whether its for a Seed circle or the VSP. Often, the surplus seeds are sent on to the VSP for wider distribution.
                        Sparrow sends a lot of seeds to the VSP and runs a Seed circle herself. Its her decision whether to join another circle or not.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Elfeda, Seed Circles are different to the VSP.
                          All the seeds in a Circle are saved by the members and shared within the circle. If there are 10 members who each save 2 types of seeds you'll have 18 types of seed back from the circle. They are all open pollinated seeds, many of them are unusual or heritage varieties.
                          Its still only a couple of stamps whether its for a Seed circle or the VSP. Often, the surplus seeds are sent on to the VSP for wider distribution.
                          Sparrow sends a lot of seeds to the VSP and runs a Seed circle herself. Its her decision whether to join another circle or not.
                          Also with seed circles you are getting 100% fresh seed

The VSP seed has accumulated over the years and whilst VC has regular clearouts and such likes, it is pot luck

Comment

I dint meant to send them to VSP, I meant to VC ! and also I haven't mentioned this for my self , I am more than happy to send SAE. it is okay anyway.
                            Last edited by Elfeda; 10-10-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfeda View Post
                              I dint meant to send them to VSP, I meant to VC ! and also I haven't mentioned this for my self , I am more than happy to send SAE. it is okay anyway.
                              I don't know if you are confused or I am

VSP (virtual seed parcel) is run by VC (Veggiechicken)
                              Seed Circle 2015 (this thread) is run by Planetologist
                              Tomato Seed Circle 2015 is run by Scarlet

All are seperate from one another. All require SAE's as they are not interchangeable.

(Sparrow100 runs a seed circle somewhere entirely different that can not be promoted on this forum )

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                                Also with seed circles you are getting 100% fresh seed
                                Must, Resist, NG's craftiness!

I'm running 2 circles this year one elsewhere in the ether, and one on my allotment site. The latter is surprisingly hard going. Any tips on keeping people interested after a pretty poor season would be most welcome.

Elfeda, as VC said, I do send seed into the VSP, I think it's a fantastic thing to have and am really grateful for the huge amount of time VC puts into it. I don't mind having spares hanging about - it's nice to be able to give them away during the year. Though I am almost at the point of eating the 300-odd potimarron seeds from last year.

What's the aubergine you're saving called? I am waiting for a Rosa Bianca aubergine in my greenhouse to ripen enough to get the seeds out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X