Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well I can also offer moneymaker also, I will check my tomato plants and see if I can offer a 3rd.
    Winter is coming

Comment

Do we really need Moneymaker or Gardeners Delight in a Tomato Treat swap - personally I think not No offence meant to soladragon, but those 2 are a bit boring IMO

Also it's getting to the stage when all my tomatoes will be needed for seeds, rather than being eaten if we carry on adding people, cos some of them are not setting huge amounts of toms. So we may need to reduce the number of seed supplied to each swapper at the end, as zaz said

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        Do we really need Moneymaker or Gardeners Delight in a Tomato Treat swap - personally I think not No offence meant to soladragon, but those 2 are a bit boring IMO

Also it's getting to the stage when all my tomatoes will be needed for seeds, rather than being eaten if we carry on adding people, cos some of them are not setting huge amounts of toms. So we may need to reduce the number of seed supplied to each swapper at the end, as zaz said
        Moneymaker is a nice tomato to grow, lots of tomatoes from it
        Some of us don't really have a need to buy big seed packets of the stuff so getting the more favoured variety in smaller quantities is a nice little plus.
        Just my own opinion though =p

By the way, noticed i'm still down as TBA even though I put what I was offering a few pages back.

In case you missed it: I can offer Snow White and Green velvet
        Last edited by Leeds_lad; 30-07-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

*Covers tomatoes ears!* I think Gardeners Delight is a pretty cool tomato, Moneymaker gets a bad rep but I thought I would grow it this year just to see for myself (a lot of people say it is bland but have never grown it)

Either way I will be checking my other tomatoes when I get home as I cannot remember the other two I planted, if they are not F1s then I will add them to the list also =)
          Last edited by soladragon; 30-07-2012, 05:53 PM.
          Winter is coming

Comment

Isn't it davyburns thats running this thread? If he had a problem with soladragons toms im sure he would have said, also these seed circles are 'open to all'; meaning that anyone can be involved.

Which i personally believe is a good idea, yes maybe maybe soladragons toms aren't as rare as the other members, but thats the whole point of swapping seeds so that members can grow rare/unusual varieties.

rant over lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
              Isn't it davyburns thats running this thread?
              l
              Indeed he is - I never suggested otherwise, did I?

I merely expressed an opinion the same as you have just done, Matt
              We just disagree on the merits of those tomatoes, there's no need to rant

Comment

Indeed he is - I never suggested otherwise, did I?

I merely expressed an opinion the same as you have just done, Matt
                We just disagree on the merits of those tomatoes, there's no need to rant
                To be fair I think your comment was rather rude and unpleasant, I do not intend to grow your tomatoes next year but I also do not believe that you should be excluded from the swap because of my opinion. Something you appeared to try and do to me and then claim 'no offence'. I personally find when someone says the words 'no offence', what they are saying is offensive. It is like apologising for something you are about to do, how about just not doing it?
                Last edited by soladragon; 31-07-2012, 03:54 PM.
                Winter is coming

Comment

Again I'll say I'm sorry if you were offended.

My opinion was not given to cause offence, and I thought it was quite light-hearted with the wink and blushing smileys I added.
                  It wasn't written as a rant about you joining - I was hoping that you had other tomatoes that you could offer for swap.
                  You even suggested this yourself, in reply, and didn't seem to have taken offence at the time.

Comment

Aww just hug it out guys.
                    We are here due to a shared passion for growing stuff, remember that!

Comment

Originally posted by Leeds_lad View Post
                      Aww just hug it out guys.
                      We are here due to a shared passion for growing stuff, remember that!
                      Yea you are right, lets just put it all down to a misunderstanding. =)
                      Winter is coming

Comment

I think it is just hard to determine what someone's tone is in text form. Same could be said for me to be honest. So no hard feelings
                        Last edited by soladragon; 01-08-2012, 01:03 AM.
                        Winter is coming

Comment

I'm glad - I'm really not someone that goes out of their way to be nasty.

Comment

I'm really not someone that goes out of their way to be nasty.
                            I know your not, and thats why i relplied, as it seemed out of character, but like soladragon says, 'its sometimes hard to determine someones tone in text form', so my appologies to you thelma, as maybe it wasn't my place to barge in!

Anyway back to the tomato's lol - ive got loads of the toms on my hundreds and thousands, and they ae starting to swell, but there's just not ripening

Oh and davybruns can you put my second tom as 'sunbaby', as these seem to be the only other tom in my GH that seem to be doing anything!
                            Last edited by Matt94; 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with you - the idea of a seed circle is to swap rarer seeds, MM and GD are pretty much bog standard toms and are given away free with mags and all sorts.

I am still eating ALL my toms that I'm saving seed for - I scoop the seeds out and then use the tomato. Can't afford to lose any seeds OR tomato eating opportunities this year.

However it's not my circle so it's up to Davy.

Comment

I do agree with both of you, however, everyone has to start somewhere, I remember looking at the swap and circle sites not that many years ago, and wishing I had something to trade. But this is a democratic site, so I will let the majority decide. Could I ask one of the mods to put a poll up?

Sorry if I missed a few posts, but have had staffing probs at work, I will try to catch up over the next week or so

Davy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X