X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flummery
    replied
    Think I'm saving myself for the specific pea and bean one next year.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Yup - you are last in so it's your round

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• jojo2910
    replied
    Is there room for a little one?

Leave a comment:

• Currysniffa
    replied
    Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
    I'd choose a simple nice tomato and a chili/pepper - and isolate some of the pepper's flowers, pollinate by hand and tag. Then just save from those.

Keep it simple for your first time; and tomatoes as long as they aren't F1 or beefstake usually save without any fuss.
    Right-o thanks zazen I'll post when I find any I think could be suitable, or if you have any help full links that would be good too

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    No worries - you're in.

Leave a comment:

• jackyspratty
    replied
    Hi zaz,
    can I be the next on the list please?

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Not a problem, but it would be best to save from this year's crops, and grow the seeds next year......so it would be best to join a different circle in a year and swap then...unless the carrots [or beetroot, or parsnip] are already in the ground and grown, in which case no problem.

Does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Is there a problem with attepting to save from biennel flowering crops, out of interest? (carrots for example)

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    I'd choose a simple nice tomato and a chili/pepper - and isolate some of the pepper's flowers, pollinate by hand and tag. Then just save from those.

Keep it simple for your first time; and tomatoes as long as they aren't F1 or beefstake usually save without any fuss.

Leave a comment:

• Currysniffa
    replied
    Well zazen it was my first season on the lottie last year so I just grew the usual suspects Cauliflower,Cabbage Sprouts,Runner and French Beans, Sweet Corn, Courgettes, Beetroot, Leeks and a few other thing that don't spring to mind, only thing it I got most of my seeds for next year last month from NASLG.

So what I'm thinking is as I been given a greenhouse and hope to have it up on the lottie in time for spring maybe I should grow some toms or peppers or chillies or something else in the greenhouse and hopefully I shouldn't get any cross pollination.

I wouldn't mind trying some squash as I love a nice roast squash soup..

What do you think?
    Last edited by Currysniffa; 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    As long as it isn't F1 Curry; and open pollinated...then we can save it.

List a few of your fave veg from last year and we'll see what you've got.

Leave a comment:

• Currysniffa
    replied
    Great thank you, I'll probably have to pick your brains as I'm not sure what you class a "heritage" lol

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Okey dokey CurrySniffa - Number 14 you are!

Leave a comment:

• Currysniffa
    replied
    Could I be included please zazen ? I'd like to try and grow different varietys

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Unlucky 13 Polly I am afraid - but you're in!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X