• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northepaul
    replied
    Still waiting for the fennel seeds to dry on plant at the mo

edit: all ready now!
    Last edited by northepaul; 23-10-2011, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gan heather
    replied
    Ok, I've got tomatillos, a borlotti bean (which is almost dry), and tomato 'Christal's Plum.'

Leave a comment:

• northepaul
    replied
    oh thanks, I cant say I saw any fluffy stuff, so I'll give them a bit longer to see.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Yes, sometimes if the fluffy heads get wet [and round here, they did] there can be no seeds as they go mouldy before they go hard. Best time to get them is before the fluff blows away.

Leave a comment:

• northepaul
    replied
    Righty ho - I have celeriac seeds!
    I am unsure about the lettuce though - they flowered and then when I checked a few of the now dead heads, there seems to be no seeds I can see. Is there a special knack with lettuce seed?
    On the positive side, my fennel is also flowering (Spiro) now!!

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    They sound great!

Leave a comment:

• FROSTYFRECKLE
    replied
    Charlotte, you shared your blueberry seeds with me earlier this year. Mine are almost ready as well, they do look lovely. I can understand the fascination with this tom - definitely a talking point.

Leave a comment:

• sbeneli
    replied
    Fat Baby Achocha seeds are ready for the swap. I should have plenty to go around!

My other share will probably be tomato seeds of some variety - there's been a lot of interest in blueberry tomatoes with Facebook friends. They're starting to go blue and are growing really well, so I'm going to try to save some of these seeds. (Not quite ready yet, but looking good: My blueberry tomatoes are starting to go blue)
    Last edited by sbeneli; 20-08-2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: Fixed URL text

Leave a comment:

• jackyspratty
    replied
    I may have orach (red mountain spinach), blood veined sorrel, and possbly some salsify or scorzonera? Plus Golden Queen tomatoes.
    Ah yes and hopefully Grandpa Admires lettuce.
    I was hoping to try trombocino squashes again, but thy've had a knock back as we had to take the arch down they were scrambling over, as the wall supporting it fell in the beck!! NOt hopeful we will get anything off them
    Last edited by jackyspratty; 15-08-2011, 06:08 PM. Reason: added

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    Right - I've got Parsley Peas for this circle so far.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Bit of a shock in the morning, the trug I had the flowerheads in, in the kitchen were covered in thrips, greenfly and ladybug larvae! Came down in the morning to find then crawling everywhere. Needless to say my wide wasn't best pleased.

Didn't think of that when I left then there- I'll know for the future now mind

Leave a comment:

• northepaul
    replied
    I have allowed some of my lettuces to go to seed, (or it was a happy accident, as they bolted before I ate them ) So will probably save them. As an experiement I saved a celeriac from last year which has flowered etc, so am hoping for seed from that, although I dont know how many it produces.

Leave a comment:

• zazen999
    replied
    I'll give a shout out closer to Autumn.....with destructions....

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Cut most of the parsnip flower heads off- majority are almost dry, so thought whilst I can still step over the squash I'll cut them. Will dry them out a bit more, then give you a poke about sending them over to you zaz!

Leave a comment:

• FROSTYFRECKLE
    replied
    Well I may need a rethink. I thought as pepino melons are from the same family as tomatoes they will be self pollinating. Mmmh, I know what I'm doing for the other seed saving circles, may be peas or tomato seeds for this circle. Decisions, decisions.

Will not be doing pepino melons (on a previous thread it seems they may be more trouble than they are worth but I'll keep on giving it a bash). So for those of you who have the parsley pea, do you know if the tendrils off any pea are edible? I'm growing Manitoba peas which are hyper-tendriled like the parsley pea (but only grows up to 3 feet) and I'm now thinking perhaps saving the Manitoba pea.
    Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 18-06-2011, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X