This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    Damn! Dave's been getting us to delete our cookies!
    Aye, that's where we get ours from; he doesn't know we have the spare key to his cookie cupboard. Shhhhh.

Comment

Could I make a suggestion? Apologies if anyone else has already suggested this..

What about a guideline suggested minimum number of posts before users can engage in swapping seed? That way those who are sending seed will know that the user is a contributing grape and not just here for seeds.

I appreciate that this would need to be self policing as GYO are not gonna get a developer to mod the forum to do it in an automated fashion. However, this would at least give the honest grape a 'get out clause' eg; sorry mate, you have only posted 3 times and the rules state that you need to have a post count of xx before you can swap seeds...

Just an idea.
      Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Its a good idea but quite hard to enforce. It would mean a mod would have to check every single post on the seed thread, then check who was requesting seeds, (impossible if they pm directly without posting) then check the amount of posts and act accordingly. We wouldn't have the time to do all that

Grapes of course can check post counts for themselves and use their common sense about it.
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Grapes of course can check post counts for themselves and use their common sense about it.
          That is exactly the way I imagine it working. GYO/mods agree a sensible min post count which is publised on the seed swap rules. You can see any user's post count on any post/PM - the person entering into the swap can then make a judgement.

Mods don't have to do anything more than they do now - just gives users a 'get out clause'

Comment

You are just too nice Mrd........I have not entered the swapping seeds yet but I think you should go on gut feeling.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I agree on the gut feeling bit, but by the same token an agreed minimum post count would stifle all of the non posting PM tykes.

Comment

Sounds sensible, and fair, to me MrD
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by mrdinkle View Post
                  I agree on the gut feeling bit, but by the same token an agreed minimum post count would stifle all of the non posting PM tykes.
                  Tykes or Types?................
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

No, I meant what I said

Chiefly Scot. a low, contemptible fellow; boor. (a churlish, rude, or unmannerly person.)

Comment

No, I meant what I said

Chiefly Scot. a low, contemptible fellow; boor. (a churlish, rude, or unmannerly person.)
                      BBC - Leeds - Fun Stuff - Dialect uiz

Comment

Here Mrd, gimme your hand, let me pull you out o' t'hole you've just dug yersen.........

Comment

Your Final Score: 9 out of 10

Very close, but not quite!

Not bad for a southerner. Guess your definition of tyke is Child?
                          Last edited by mrdinkle; 28-01-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

This calls for a poll;

However, even with a number of posts; some of the seed parcels that have gone missing were from 'known' grapes; who inadvertently 'lost' the parcel in the car for 3 months and have failed to send it on to me so that I can redistribute.

I think we hold the poll for a week, choose the most popular number and post it as general guidance; and all seed swaps posted by members with less than that are removed; and members can use that as guidance for when they get PMs.

I'll be off and sort that out now.....

Comment

Sorry, you lot like to call your selves tykes. My sorry all you from Leeds!

Comment

Not bad for a southerner. Guess your definition of tyke is Child?
                                My definition of a Tyke is a native of Yorkshire.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X