Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome. It's a shame really as this is a really friendly site until it's back is rubbed up the wrong way.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Rarin' To Go View Post
      If, wishing to make a point about a particularly harsh and draconian treatment following a genuine and honest mistake is making a plonk of myself, then I guess I am that.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.
      There are several notices, in nice big letters written in an easy to digest and understand form on several boards. They are deliberately stuck at the top of a board and are deliberately eyecatching so people do not "accidentally" make a mistake. If more people read them, we would not have to move posts or even delete threads or take action against members. What we are asking is not rocket science.

I am a bit less forgiving when it comes to people taking advantage of the seed swap, I no longer offer there due to grasping thieving individuals. You were correctly banned the first time and having made up another account I have banned you this.
      Last edited by pigletwillie; 27-01-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarin' To Go View Post
        If, wishing to make a point about a particularly harsh and draconian treatment following a genuine and honest mistake is making a plonk of myself, then I guess I am that.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.
        You may think it is draconian and unnecessary; however many of the members here have been duped by people joining up and immediately sending people private messages; receiving seeds never to be seen again - until the next batch of seeds is offered and back they come.

I know many of us have been too trusting and that's why we have a rule saying 'don't come in and immediately beg for seeds'.

Usually, if your Private Message says 'I know I'm a newbie, I have these seeds to swap if you are interested, which I can send to you first to show I'm genuine' or something similar will probably secure you the seeds. Coming on and saying 'I'd like some of those'; or [as we have had in the past] 'I want' - will result in either them sending them without realising they are being duped, in ignoring the person or reporting them.

Either way, as I'm sure you can see, someone loses out.

Our methods might be zero tolerance, but our main aim is to protect the active members from being duped. You have no idea how many messages we get after the event by people wishing they had done their research and not sent their seeds - by then there is nothing we can do.

You may be genuine, but how is anyone to know if they don't know you?

Ie - give a little first.

I don't want to repeat the fab advice/info that the other Mods have posted; but there are several stickies at the top of the Seed Swap literally screaming 'READ ME FIRST'. That's all we can do to try and protect the fabulously generous members that consistently come on here and offer seeds time and again, often with no SAE needed; which makes this the great place that it is. The alternative is to stop the swapping; or make it go underground - and that will benefit nobody.

ETA: nice one PW.

I'll leave this in case future seed beggars come along...
        Last edited by zazen999; 27-01-2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I've deleted my welcome message to this idiot because basically I don't want to welcome such people to our happy vine, I had to report one last night that was begging by P.M for seeds after not even posting, Thanks to the mod for Banning them..Arrrrrr, Sorry for ranting

Comment

Originally posted by ginger ninger View Post
            Thanks to the mod for Banning them..
            He seemed pretty cross. I guess he'll just re-register under a different name to try and outwit us.
            Like that guy from Derry used to do: had us in stitches as we quickly guessed his new identity each time
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
              He seemed pretty cross. I guess he'll just re-register under a different name to try and outwit us.
              Like that guy from Derry used to do: had us in stitches as we quickly guessed his new identity each time
              That WAS fun, wasn't it.

[I don't think Seahorse thought it was, as I kept saying 'Is this him again'] before I was a Mod.
              Last edited by zazen999; 27-01-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                ... I guess he'll just re-register under a different name to try and outwit us.
                Can't IP addresses be checked?
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  Can't IP addresses be checked?
                  We do, and emails, and cross check using other tools that we don't mention on here

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    We do, and emails, and cross check using other tools that we don't mention on here
                    Real secret squirrel stuff. So secret she hasn't told me about half of 'em yet
                    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                      Real secret squirrel stuff. So secret she hasn't told me about half of 'em yet
                      See me in the staffroom at midnight. Bring a torch. And cookies.

Comment

then you will be shredded Fi
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                          then you will be shredded Fi
                          Or I could self destruct in the interests of nationl/Vine security
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Meet me in the next room piski and don't forget your glass's, one for the wine, the other for putting against the wall...Shhhhh...don't let on.

Comment

I've been following the recent developments on this thread (in the background) all day. I didn't like the 'feel' of this character, I didn't 'welcome' him, and am really pleased that he has been banned, especially when it turns out he's done this before. It sends out a really strong message to others who try similar tactics.

Can I just say a really big thank you to all our lovely Mods for the hard work they do on our behalf - thank goodness we have you to look out for us.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                                See me in the staffroom at midnight. Bring a torch. And cookies.
                                Damn! Dave's been getting us to delete our cookies!
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X