This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    Well done Glutton4... I practiced my s*****ing skills tonight and found that the grape you told that to has been snipped off the vine! (Banned)
    You mean you get snipped for that??!!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      If they aren't there, then they have been banned.

Sounds like it wasn't a moment too soon.

Any further doubts about anyone, let us know and we can check it out and move accordingly.

Keep 'em peeled Grapes
      Yeah! What she said.

*taps spam-banning baseball bat in t'other hand*

The girls (and piglet) are better at it than me - but once I get my spam-banner badge...

WhyIordah!
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Now that's the sort of Spam-busting that should be allowed; Very tall bloke with a baseball bat - they wouldn't come back then!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          It's ok Thea (is it Thea tonight? ). I'm talking about people with Zero posts here! Not even an Intro or a hello!
          Do you assume that someone with zero posts (i.e. a new member who may not have fully read ALL the rules and regs) and sends a PM to a member who asks for such in their own post, is a 100% scammer, duper, low-life and should be banned forever?

Or, should there not be some default principle that, perhaps, some newbies aren't totally au fait with rules and regs and might do something 'wrong' innocently and a simply email or PM (when such a 'mistake' is pointed out to the mods) explaining the rule that has been broken and that any further breaking of that rule will result in a complete ban is a more fair and just way of going about things?

Is it not the rule of the land that we are all innocent until proven guilty?

Also, what is the right of appeal, if any? As, once a ban has been imposed, acces to the forum in any shape or form is almost completely denied, including sending a message to a moderator asking for clarification or appealing the decision.

As a newbie myself, I am very much concerned that I may break a rule, unwittingly, and be banned forever from using a very useful and helpful forum.

btw, I have posted an Intro message, so hopefully that will prevent any banishment to the forum's version of Siberia... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rarin' To Go View Post
            Do you assume that someone with zero posts (i.e. a new member who may not have fully read ALL the rules and regs) and sends a PM to a member who asks for such in their own post, is a 100% scammer, duper, low-life and should be banned forever?

Or, should there not be some default principle that, perhaps, some newbies aren't totally au fait with rules and regs and might do something 'wrong' innocently and a simply email or PM (when such a 'mistake' is pointed out to the mods) explaining the rule that has been broken and that any further breaking of that rule will result in a complete ban is a more fair and just way of going about things?

Is it not the rule of the land that we are all innocent until proven guilty?

Also, what is the right of appeal, if any? As, once a ban has been imposed, acces to the forum in any shape or form is almost completely denied, including sending a message to a moderator asking for clarification or appealing the decision.

As a newbie myself, I am very much concerned that I may break a rule, unwittingly, and be banned forever from using a very useful and helpful forum.

btw, I have posted an Intro message, so hopefully that will prevent any banishment to the forum's version of Siberia... :-)
            -Yes we do assume rightly or wrongly that new a member immediately heading for the seed swap thread are just out for free seeds. We get an fair few of those.
            -Innocent until proven guilty may be the law of the land, but this is a forum, it has rules, it is the posters responsibility to read those rules.
            -Any one who is banned is perfectly able to contact admin at the gyo office to discuss the situation.
            WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I think that 99% of the vine are lovely generous people and i would hate to think that the 1% of pathetic people that you find in all walks of society would spoil it for the rest. I will just go on knowing that the vine is a friendly and caring community of people with shared interests and "bugger" the 1%.

Kx

Comment

If a new member chooses to:

a) Scroll past all the messages at the top of the board with things like ***IMPORTANT***, and "New to the Grapevine, Read this!" in the title,

2) not have the manners to introduce themself before asking for seeds (and especially a huge long list of seeds!!)

then we reserve the right to apply a ban to that account.

Ignorance of the law is no defence to breaking the law, I think you'll find.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                  -Yes we do assume rightly or wrongly that new a member immediately heading for the seed swap thread are just out for free seeds. We get an fair few of those.
                  -Innocent until proven guilty may be the law of the land, but this is a forum, it has rules, it is the posters responsibility to read those rules.
                  -Any one who is banned is perfectly able to contact admin at the gyo office to discuss the situation.
                  Is that through the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page, which a banned member cannot access as, it seems, being banned, prevents the forum site from being displayed, even as a 'view' only page?

If contact is made via the 'contact us' link, how long would it take for any appeal to be resolved (assuming it isn't rejected as 'Whatever sob story is being peddled...' does tend to suggest that the outcome is already known). My understanding of a general 'contact us' link is that it attracts hundreds of emails per day on various subjects and that a 'sob story being peddled' email could easily get swamped and not responded to.

I have, in the past, had emails to 'info@' and 'contact us' never responded to, despite repeated attempts. And as the language in the warning post suggests that any such 'sob story' would more than likely be rejected for being, well, a 'sob story', I suspect any attempt at appeal via the 'contact us' link will be, well, the same as pouring a cup of water in to the Atlantic - a complete waste of time.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

I don't think you need to be so prickly Rarin. No one else seems to take on so about this.
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I have, in the past, had emails to 'info@' and 'contact us' never responded to, despite repeated attempts. And as the language in the warning post suggests that any such 'sob story' would more than likely be rejected for being, well, a 'sob story', I suspect any attempt at appeal via the 'contact us' link will be, well, the same as pouring a cup of water in to the Atlantic - a complete waste of time.

Maybe I'm wrong.
                      You are obviously annoyed at your previous account being banned. You are now aware of the rules of this forum. If you disagree with those rules you are well within your rights to find another.
                      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Is that through the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page, which a banned member cannot access as, it seems, being banned, prevents the forum site from being displayed, even as a 'view' only page?

If contact is made via the 'contact us' link, how long would it take for any appeal to be resolved (assuming it isn't rejected as 'Whatever sob story is being peddled...' does tend to suggest that the outcome is already known). My understanding of a general 'contact us' link is that it attracts hundreds of emails per day on various subjects and that a 'sob story being peddled' email could easily get swamped and not responded to.

Maybe I'm wrong.
                        You've done well to get so tetchy in just 3 posts.

May I suggest meditation.
                        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

'Rarin' to Go', you have 2 choices here. You can either go and email Admin via the Contact Us button, and take your chance.
                          Or, you can carry on ranting on here, and have this account banned too.

The rules are the rules, and as I previously stated, Ignorance is Not a Defence. I should point out that by re-registering after being banned, you are breaking another rule, but as we're pretending that this is 'your friend's account' I shall refrain from a summary ban. However, as stated, we will not accept any further ranting on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                            'Rarin' to Go', you have 2 choices here. You can either go and email Admin via the Contact Us button, and take your chance.
                            Or, you can carry on ranting on here, and have this account banned too.

The rules are the rules, and as I previously stated, Ignorance is Not a Defence. I should point out that by re-registering after being banned, you are breaking another rule, but as we're pretending that this is 'your friend's account' I shall refrain from a summary ban. However, as stated, we will not accept any further ranting on this subject.
                            Apologies for rant prior to seeing this post.

I will go through the proper channels and waste my time.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

And here was me thinking you was rarin to go @ growing not rarin to go at making a plonk of yourself.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                And here was me thinking you was rarin to go @ growing not rarin to go at making a plonk of yourself.
                                If, wishing to make a point about a particularly harsh and draconian treatment following a genuine and honest mistake is making a plonk of myself, then I guess I am that.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X