Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the honesty of the vine that makes it so popular & at times vunerable.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I echo that BM.

Doesn't stop me feeling guilty though (not for begging seeds - I've never done that). My seed swap parcel went missing during the Royal Mail strike last November and I really feel for the grape that was waiting for it. I enjoyed receiving it, taking from it, and adding to it, and it would have been nice to share that with the next recipient, but alas, not to be.

I know I'm not alone when I say this, but one of the biggest joys of growing for me is sharing - the miracle, the experience, the produce, and the plants and seeds. It’s such a pity that there are selfish individuals out there just dieing to exploit this.
      A good beginning is half the work.
      Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

Yep I was scammed by a couple of people in a seed swap when I first joined (ie sent seeds never got any in return etc), but it did teach me to be more careful and cautious with seed swaps after that.

However, I still love the principe and will still continue to swap

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
          Yep I was scammed by a couple of people in a seed swap when I first joined (ie sent seeds never got any in return etc), but it did teach me to be more careful and cautious with seed swaps after that.

However, I still love the principe and will still continue to swap
          Did you tell any of us about it?

Comment

I'm glad to say I've never been promised anything I didn't get (in seed terms, not life in general!) It's easy to feel from reading this that there are loads of people here out to diddle you. Most of us are lovely!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              Did you tell any of us about it?
              No, by the time I realised i had been scammed (acouple of weeks or more) I had deleted the PMs to clear my inbox, and couldnt remember who exactly it was...
              I have a terrible memory for names....

Comment

I had a bit of a cr*ppy one, offered up various seeds and one claimant offered return list. I posted seeds to them and they then went quiet on me.

I did not mention it as it was only a few seeds and I had other stuff on my plate. The other user is still on the vine (hopefully was a genuine oversight on their part). I'll certainly vet any future requests (check post level).
                Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

There was a Grape posting on here a short while ago, asking for seeds that (they said) were 'impossible' to get anywhere. I 'Googled' and came up with about four well known companies who had them in stock, so I posted that info on their thread.

I think this person only ever posts on here when they want something, because I had a look at their previous posts. Hence my posting about 'Googling' on to their thread! Not that it's any of my business, I must have been feeling 'tetchy' that day!

I'm standing in as deputy Sleuth in Nicos' absence LOL!
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 25-01-2010, 07:39 PM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I have just sent replacement seeds out as the first lot was lost n the post
                    I sent 50 odd packs to someone last year that was asking for seeds for a school never got a thanks so guess it was a 'begger'

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      There was a Grape posting on here a short while ago, asking for seeds that (they said) were 'impossible' to get anywhere. I 'Googled' and came up with about four well known companies who had them in stock, so I posted that info on their thread.

... standing in as deputy Sleuth in Nicos' absence LOL!
                      Well done Glutton4... I practiced my s*****ing skills tonight and found that the grape you told that to has been snipped off the vine! (Banned)
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by flowerofshona View Post
                        ...I sent 50 odd packs to someone last year that was asking for seeds for a school never got a thanks so guess it was a 'begger'
                        Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                        Well done Glutton4... I practiced my s*****ing skills tonight and found that the grape you told that to has been snipped off the vine! (Banned)
                        I'm sure it was the same one in both these cases - I didn't like to post their name in case I was wrong, and offended someone. Off to have a furtle now to see if I was right!

Comment

Well, I can't find them in the list of members now!

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            Well, I can't find them in the list of members now!
                            Defo same person. Requested seeds from me that I gave, but then no acknowledgement that they had received them, even when I pmd them. Was the same person who requested salsify and seeds for the school. Been a member for a while but no details on profile and only ever posted requests for seeds. Bit sad really! wished I'd kept a copy of address I sent to incase they sign up under a different grape name! Oh know I am now a cynic!

For the record this IS a positive friendly supportive site. Thanks to all who have sent me seeds, advice and hellos, you know who you are! One bad apple shuoldn't spoil the barrel if we raise suspicians to the mods early on, didn't do that this time as was worried I had wrong end of stick!
                            http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

If they aren't there, then they have been banned.

Sounds like it wasn't a moment too soon.

Any further doubts about anyone, let us know and we can check it out and move accordingly.

Keep 'em peeled Grapes

Comment

I'm used to upsetting people - I think it's in my genes! I guess I was just being polite, I should have posted;
                                '*&^$ off you scrounger!'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X