No announcement yet.

Herb wheel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Very impressive wheel Snadger. Now, I'm the one who's worried I love the tree in the pot in the middle. I'm starting to think that the euonymus I put in the middle might not be such a good idea, as it's the size of a football and it's going to get hidden by the herbs when they are in full swing.

And I love the way the beds work around the wheel. I can't wait to see a picture of it when it's all planted!

I've been meaning to take pictures of my wheel but been to busy. I'll try and do that today

Comment

As we are now getting another plot I've asked Mr EB if we can put a spiral on the new one. This third one is at the main entrance to the site so that would create a real wow factor and lift the whole place.

Had a bit of a look around the downsizer site, right up my street. Big thank you.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Looks great Snadger! Very impressed!

Oh, and congrats on the other new plot EB, how many is that now then?
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Ah......three
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

3 plots EB???? Are you planning on doing anything other than be at the plots this year then?? Lol!!

Or is it a case of today 3 plots, next week the whole allotment, and next year the world!!!

Only joking, I wish you lots of luck with all three of them, and good crops, few weeds and lots of fun too! (I'm only jealous really, but I know we oculdnt really handle more than the 2 we've got at the moment!)
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
              3 plots EB???? Are you planning on doing anything other than be at the plots this year then?? Lol!!

Or is it a case of today 3 plots, next week the whole allotment, and next year the world!!!

Only joking, I wish you lots of luck with all three of them, and good crops, few weeds and lots of fun too! (I'm only jealous really, but I know we oculdnt really handle more than the 2 we've got at the moment!)
              Bit like Shredded Wheat really!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I finally managed to take a picture of my wheel. I used the flint I dug out of my garden for the spokes.

I will be replacing the euonymus in the middle for an obelisk with some clematis or sweet peas growing over it. When I planted the euonymus I didn't realise that some of the herbs would be taller so it would eventually be over shadowed... doh!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thats lovely Feather, hmm, wonder if Mr D would let me do something similar in the middle of the front lawn! Mind you, Bella would probably dig it all up, like she does with all the other plants in the front! lol!
                  Blessings
                  Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by *Feather* View Post
                    I finally managed to take a picture of my wheel. I used the flint I dug out of my garden for the spokes.

I will be replacing the euonymus in the middle for an obelisk with some clematis or sweet peas growing over it. When I planted the euonymus I didn't realise that some of the herbs would be taller so it would eventually be over shadowed... doh!
                    Nice one feather! I see you have eight spokes as mine has, can you tell me your choice of eight herbs, just out of interest???
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Have you got some Lemon Balm yet Snadger? (aka Melissa) Perennial, grows fast in the summer but you can keep it clipped low...lovely made into a hot drink (just add hot water), or use as a natural 'air freshener' indoors
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks Snadger and Mrs D!

At the moment I've got parsley, oregano, lemon balm, rosemary, thyme and sage, and I will be planting some borage, coriander, chives and marjoram. Some of the spokes will have two herbs, and if it gets too crowded I can always move them. Mint and basil will go in pots on the path. What have you gone for Snadger?

Comment

Originally posted by *Feather* View Post
                          Thanks Snadger and Mrs D!

At the moment I've got parsley, oregano, lemon balm, rosemary, thyme and sage, and I will be planting some borage, coriander, chives and marjoram. Some of the spokes will have two herbs, and if it gets too crowded I can always move them. Mint and basil will go in pots on the path. What have you gone for Snadger?
                          After a lot of research and trying to sort things out like all round interest balanced with common and uncommon herbs which can be medicinal or flavoursome, I have just ordered seeds from Nicky's for the following:-

Marjoram
                          Parsley (Already sown, but not surfaced yet!)
                          Hyssop
                          Mallow Marsh
                          Bergamot
                          Anise
                          Chives (I'll split up clumps I already have!)
                          Thyme

I also intend to use Calendula, Lavender, Thyme and cuttings from a small Rosemary I have inherited, plus Box (Buxus) and chives as edging to beds!

I am thinking about setting up a small section for various mints I already have, plus some others as well!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X