No announcement yet.

Herb wheel?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tempted to make something like this - not this year tho'. This version includes a watercress pond! Would love to see yours when you've finished Snadger
    Last edited by Lesley Jay; 18-03-2007, 10:28 AM.
    SSx
    not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Wow SS that would look fab wouldn't it and so much more vibrant and "organic".

Won't suggest that to Mr EB just yet.
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Herb wheel

Hi everyone

I've been following this forum for ages and I think it's great! So full of fun and good advice. And today I finally plucked up the courage to join!

I'm planning to plant a herb wheel in the garden too. I bought a cart wheel off ebay a few months ago now for a tenner and I've just ordered tons of herb seeds. I like the idea of planting some angelica in the middle, so thanks for the tip Earthbabe

I look forward to seeing your herb wheel Snadger!

Comment

Congratulations *feather* and welcome.

I'll look forward to the pictures. If you and Snadge get into a competition - I'm not joining in, bubblewrap only gave me a little square bit for my herbs !!

Comment

Welcome to the vine *feather*. I look forward to seeing your finished wheel.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

Comment

I love the thought of a herb wheel. Most of mine are either grown in pots or in the borders. Rosemary or Bay would make a great centre-piece, and both can be clipped to keep them a reasonable size. In fact if you use your herbs the regular cutting for the kitchen should keep them in shape. However, do think twice before you put any form of mint into open ground - it is a thug, it spreads by runners and will travel for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by supersprout View Post
                I'm tempted to make something like this - not this year tho'. This version includes a watercress pond! Would love to see yours when you've finished Snadger
                Thats brilliant supersprout! I've never seen one of those before!

Herb wheel or herb spiral....decisions, decisions?????
                Last edited by Lesley Jay; 18-03-2007, 10:29 AM.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi Feather and well done for plucking up courage in joining the rest of us loonies

Angelica really is a stunner of a plant and the leaves are nice. You don't to have to have a herb I guess and a nice standard Rose would be good with really good scent - ahhhh I can smell it now !
                  ntg
                  Never be afraid to try something new.
                  Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                  A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                  ==================================================

Comment

No...............I'm sticking with the wheel! The only break with tradition is that I may incline it slightly towards the South! Maybe an 18" tilt at one end, not sure yet, I'll play it by ear!
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Look forward to hearing that one Snadger.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

Comment

If you hum it EB i'm sure snadger will pick it up, but the more i read about a herb wheel the more i'm thinking of making one in my front garden which face's north will this be alright ??? or should it face south?? and welcome feather to the funny farm.

Comment

What do you mean by "faces north" NTTP? My herb garden is on the north side of the house but is raised from the patio and the top end of the garden, which is going to become a "rockery" with lots of lavender (yes, more) and stuff is too but is sloped and therefore "south facing"
                          Bright Blessings
                          Earthbabe

Comment

If it's round it can face any direction you like!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

As long as it gets loads of sun it will be ok! I was just thinking of elevating mine slightly to face South!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

well yes on northside of house does get sun in morning but is partly shadowed by the house in p.m and is totaly flat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X