X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Containergardener
    replied
    Finally got my cosmos seeds sown having shuffled some things inside to greenhouse internal blowaway
    Brightness /bright lights
    Hot pink
    Fizzy pink
    Purity white
    Gloria
    Dazzler
    Fizzy rose
    Dwarf mix

Leave a comment:

• Babru
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    These overnight frosts are causing chaos, I have flowers that could do with being moved on, daren't put them in the cold frame yet as it's so cold at night.
    I agree Burnie. My windowsills are full of cosmos, geraniums etc. I need to put them in the greenhouse before hardening off next month, but the overnight greenhouse temperature has been hovering around +2. I hate my geraniums getting red leaves when they get a chill.

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    I sowed some calendula "art shades" in the herb garden after a good weeding this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Sown nasturtiums in pots , as well as wallflowers, English marigold and hollyhocks in situ.
    Ooh can I sow Wallflowers now...fab!

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Sowed the rest of my various Tagetes, the last of my Strawberry Blonde Marigolds and African Daisies.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Sown nasturtiums in pots , as well as wallflowers, English marigold and hollyhocks in situ.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Oh and planted a few more sweet peas to fill the gaps in my obelisk.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Planted out the ragged robin I started from seed last autumn and the lily of the valley I bought as pips a few months ago.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Sowed Tithonia Still have so much more to sow!

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Sowed linaria today

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    These overnight frosts are causing chaos, I have flowers that could do with being moved on, daren't put them in the cold frame yet as it's so cold at night.

Leave a comment:

• Gearoid
    replied
    In late March I sowed:
    Nicotiana Sylvestris
    Rudbeckia Solar Eclipse + Cherokee Sunset
    Ipomoea Lobata (already huge!)
    Marigold Naughty Marietta
    Cosmos Brightness mixed

All are doing well and being put outside when it's warm and sunny. I sowed some Evening Sun sunflowers at the weekend and they're already popping up so that'll be another tray to shuffle around each day.
    Last edited by Gearoid; 21-04-2021, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Today I sowed my morning glory's and some canary creeper
    I have one space left on a windowledge to do somehing tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    Last year the frost got my runner beans.
    My squashes escaped the frost because they were planted in topsoil plugs in the top of a raised bed with hot manure that was being used to boil off several wheel barrow loads of couch grass roots. The rising heat was enough to protect them.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    I was looking at pictures from last april of the garden. It was alot further ahead with that warm weather we had last yr.
    seems a long winter
    I have more windowsills as I've gone upstairs now
    Yes, the weather was so much more gardener friendly last year, but then some got caught out with the cold nights we got in May. I'm hoping Mother Nature will give us a break and from May onwards the nights will be tender plant friendly!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X